Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right Rear Window Weather Seal (2022 Model S Plaid)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Looking for some advice. We put one of those "Door Protectors" on the rear right window of our Model S. (2022 Plaid) After pulling it out, the window wouldnt operate properly. Would make squeaking noises, go up slow etc. I ended up taking off the door panel on the inside, and realized that the clips pushed the weather strip basically the wrong direction and it would put more pressure against the glass. (Hence the slow movement etc) I was able to re-seat the gasket, and all is ok. However, the gasket has the "Memory" of the 4 clips from the door protector. Essentially, it has lost it shape.

Does anyone know where I could get a new one? Or is this something I need to schedule an appt with the tesla service? I have done several searches online (Both EBAY and Google) for "Rear Right Door Window Weather seal", and other combinations, but I am coming up blank. I would assume that a 2021 and 2022 (Refresh) would both fit the 2022.

Any suggestions or pointers would be highly appreciated!

P.S. At least the panel is fairly easy to take off. The first time taking it off is scary, because you have to PULL hard with your foot on the bottom of the door to brace it. I have taken it off a few times, because you must "HANG" the top of the door with an angle or else the top of the door will "THWACK" when you close it. Hanging it on the top of the door is what braces the top. There are no clips to hold the very top and it will rattle when you close it if you dont do this properly.

Thanks again!

Gerry

Reactions: ulyh