Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay significant update. While I was refreshing both the app and this website maybe four times an hour I got a call from my sa that a car msm with black and 21 in Chicago suburbs was not picked up and is available however with the newer price with no fsd. Guess what guys eve though I had to give up the white interior and have to order a winter wheel tire package (2750$) and have to swap between winter and summer and pay about 5 k more and give up the 10 k fsd which makes my total increase 15k I said yes!!!!!! I actually didn’t say yes till I drove to the sc and said hello to the car. Was at night car barely gotten there not clean I simply walked around checked gaps and honestly just didn’t want to see much. No mats or trunk covers ofcourse. Anyways gave the yes and had the vin matched to me paid the Dow payment and scheduled pick up tomorrow!!! I guess I need to watch all the prep videos and order rims and tires.
I guess that is better than waiting to be pushed back to anymore or buy a used and then sell.
I think I read one guy in this club saying he had to give up delivery of a similar car because he would be out of town.

I think they want us all to follow your path fsabek!
I think the whole thing is unethical from a Tesla standpoint. We have all done what we were supposed to do. They put the car up for purchase at these prices. It's not like we forced them or somehow hacked into their order system.

That said, I hope you love your new car! I've had 2 Tesla's in the past - I think you will like this one!

Reactions: 2101Guy
I'm 100% convinced that those of us with early orders are getting pushed back and screwed over because they want us to cancel our orders so the cars go to higher paying buyers. Placing my order today is $18k more, so screw me over in an attempt to get me to cancel.

RN1143... Order date was Dec 11 - Dec 31, then moved to Jan 11 - Feb 8, then moved up to Dec 18 - 31, then today moved to Jan 21 to Feb 18.

Model S LR, silver, black, 19 inch wheels.

I'm 100% convinced that those of us with early orders are getting pushed back and screwed over because they want us to cancel our orders so the cars go to higher paying buyers. Placing my order today is $18k more, so screw me over in an attempt to get me to cancel.

RN1143... Order date was Dec 11 - Dec 31, then moved to Jan 11 - Feb 8, then moved up to Dec 18 - 31, then today moved to Jan 21 to Feb 18.

Model S LR, silver, black, 19 inch wheels.
I have a feeling the Jan EDD may be more accurate for us all. They are probably pushing us there so that they get more money at EOY. They will have enough time to make it up for the new year

Or like you're saying, they just want us to cancel and buy at new price...

I have a feeling the Jan EDD may be more accurate for us all. They are probably pushing us there so that they get more money at EOY. They will have enough time to make it up for the new year

Or like you're saying, they just want us to cancel and buy at new price...
I don't want to be part of a conspiracy theory, but I did get an email monday asking if i wanted to get a plaid, at plaid pricing. um, now. I am $15k below the current LR price.
But I DO think if ordered new today, I'd get pushed up.
at the same time, they do seem to be filling older orders as well, but it seems like lower priority.
I know Elon said no more end of quarter rushes anymore, but logically to me the annual cut off would be far more significant - whether quantity or revenue.

My VIN just dropped. I wasn't serious about accepting a Plaid on Monday when it was offered (at Plaid pricing) - but now I'm even more glad about that.
I"ll be away during the narrow delivery window, so I hope I don't lose it!
1639689222313.png

They pulled back my vin and delivery appointment. It is again back to 12/30-12/31, per an SA the car would not have been here from Fremont until after the 31st. We’ll see what happens.
i did like when the app said my 2022 S and had a vin, now it’s jut back to my rn. My mvpa is still there, with the old price and old vin. I removed FSD, not sure if that affected anything with the delivery.

They pulled back my vin and delivery appointment. It is again back to 12/30-12/31, per an SA the car would not have been here from Fremont until after the 31st. We’ll see what happens.
i did like when the app said my 2022 S and had a vin, now it’s jut back to my rn. My mvpa is still there, with the old price and old vin. I removed FSD, not sure if that affected anything with the delivery.
Bummer. Did you remove FSD before or after the VIN disappeared? Wonder if that's related.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Bummer. Did you remove FSD before or after the VIN disappeared? Wonder if that's related.
I thought about it, but apparently they never produced the car with the VIN - it was reassigned or decommissioned, the SA wasn't sure. He said it's not common, but he's seen it before.
So, I'm on some sort of priority list or queue, supposedly they're cranking these out (whether a run of blue/white lr, or whatever) and i should hear something first week of january, and expect a delivery ROUGHLY between 1st and 3rd week of January.
that works fine for me.
frustrating, but also giving me almost everything i want.
Also claimed it is not uncommon for the cars to get from fremont to NJ in 6 days (blew me away) - when the cars are produced for a region they sit until a truck can be filled, then shipped off to the train.
"for the record" i called, asked to remove FSD which they did and didn't upcharge me, and I asked to leave a note that I can't pick up until after the 31st (which is apparently what is happening, so again fine with me) - i truly doubt my call had anything to do with it, but who knows?
Also, SA stated (who can verify?) that the VIN is assigned after production and he used the term "stamped"
I had envisioned that once the frame is started, a VIN would be assigned, use that as a tracking number, etc. - and my theory is the VIN has to go on before the glass unless it is first attached to the dash and then dash is then inserted.

Also, SA stated (who can verify?) that the VIN is assigned after production and he used the term "stamped"
I had envisioned that once the frame is started, a VIN would be assigned, use that as a tracking number, etc. - and my theory is the VIN has to go on before the glass unless it is first attached to the dash and then dash is then inserted.
This is what I was told as well. It's assigned after the car is manufactured and takes about 1-1.5 weeks to get to the SC.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu