Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Blue/White Waiting Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and today tightened to 12/27 - 12/31, still no vin. seems this happened to a lot of folks on the "east" - NJ, Maryland, and I THINK Pennsylvania.
I guess there's a big train load expected.
yesterday a different SC sent me an email offering me to buy a Plaid, at Plaid prices, as they have extras in inventory.
I thought about it, but naw.

Congrats. I ordered an identical car (except no FSD) 5 days after you. Still showing 1/7-2/4. Hoping I'm not too far behind. Enjoy!
Thanks. I'm not only convinced you'll get your VIN soon, but i'm also convinced my car won't be in until early January. Today, I had to schedule the appointment for contactless delivery at the service center, and they only gave me 3 sequential days, with the last one actually the day BEFORE my last EDD - crazy - I'll be away, but i picked the last day, at the latest time, and have to bump it anyway. i think there's a 3 day grace period, so i shoudl be fine, but a bit scary.
a couple of weeks ago, a SA told me they were building a bunch of blue/whites, and if i missed my VIN, i could get matched quickly, so I'm confident you'll get your VIN very soon. Good luck!

RN11533, my EDD just got pushed out to March but the delivery window ties up to 2 weeks (assuming it is a good sign)
interesting. i wonder if you've been soft matched? March is pretty far out. another possibility is that march is a place holder and they bump you closer soon - that had been happening to other folks, though it was generally like 4 or 5 months that would rubber band back.

Just dropped! Between 5:30 and 9:30 pm eastern, yippie!
1641438589396.jpeg

interesting. i wonder if you've been soft matched? March is pretty far out. another possibility is that march is a place holder and they bump you closer soon - that had been happening to other folks, though it was generally like 4 or 5 months that would rubber band back.
I hope that's the case, I am kind of numb about having EDD change so I don't really care about EDD until a VIN shows up in my account. BTW congrats on your upcoming delivery! share some nice photo!

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
I hope that's the case, I am kind of numb about having EDD change so I don't really care about EDD until a VIN shows up in my account. BTW congrats on your upcoming delivery! share some nice photo!
thanks, i'll be happy to share some photos if/when i ever see this hypothetical beast - not sure how it will be different than anyone else's photos though!
i bought some accessories to get ready - interior protectant from the chemical guys, 2 specific TF cards and adapters (one for sentry, one for music) and yesterday, matte screen protectors and a cell phone mount that also charges - i figure on a longer trip, i could qi charge my cell in the holder, and 2 more phones on the built in.
getting super excited. i have the checklist that i did not yet print out, and want to keep remembering to seriously put a post it note on the yoke center, to raise the suspension when i get to my driveway.
if i could set that in advance i would.
been prepping the garage (clearing out the bay), charger all ready, i 3d printed some cable management and then my neighbor gave me a Tesla accessory (maybe third party) to better handle the charging cable, and i'm trying to chill.
may re-read the owners' manual. yeah, i read those.
i will be tempted to put the screen protector on in springfield, when i pick up, but instead, i won't whether it has a protective layer already or it was peeled away, i want to do the matte protector at my liesure, and not when i'm anxious to drive it.
I'll likely spend 30 minutes at pickup quietly inside the car when ready to drive off - if i trade in my current car I can take 3 hours if I want; if my wife drives me (with or without the kids - it's near a krispy kreme) i may, MAY be able to steal 20 minutes in the car adjusting some major settings and hopefully putting my home in.
S is getting real!
I also want to 3d print a tpu valet card holder/necklace, and keep that locked in the glove box; if i'm ever without a phone, key, etc. if i can get someone to let me install the app on their phone, i might be able to get in that way.

thanks, i'll be happy to share some photos if/when i ever see this hypothetical beast - not sure how it will be different than anyone else's photos though!
i bought some accessories to get ready - interior protectant from the chemical guys, 2 specific TF cards and adapters (one for sentry, one for music) and yesterday, matte screen protectors and a cell phone mount that also charges - i figure on a longer trip, i could qi charge my cell in the holder, and 2 more phones on the built in.
getting super excited. i have the checklist that i did not yet print out, and want to keep remembering to seriously put a post it note on the yoke center, to raise the suspension when i get to my driveway.
if i could set that in advance i would.
been prepping the garage (clearing out the bay), charger all ready, i 3d printed some cable management and then my neighbor gave me a Tesla accessory (maybe third party) to better handle the charging cable, and i'm trying to chill.
may re-read the owners' manual. yeah, i read those.
i will be tempted to put the screen protector on in springfield, when i pick up, but instead, i won't whether it has a protective layer already or it was peeled away, i want to do the matte protector at my liesure, and not when i'm anxious to drive it.
I'll likely spend 30 minutes at pickup quietly inside the car when ready to drive off - if i trade in my current car I can take 3 hours if I want; if my wife drives me (with or without the kids - it's near a krispy kreme) i may, MAY be able to steal 20 minutes in the car adjusting some major settings and hopefully putting my home in.
S is getting real!
I also want to 3d print a tpu valet card holder/necklace, and keep that locked in the glove box; if i'm ever without a phone, key, etc. if i can get someone to let me install the app on their phone, i might be able to get in that way.
congrats, so looks like your picking up from Union store based on the Krispy Kreme comment?

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
congrats, so looks like your picking up from Union store based on the Krispy Kreme comment?
if Union is Springfield, you bet. I've been to that KK three times, and Tesla there i think twice. it is also near Peak, which is an incredible set of basketball courts for one of my whelp's travel basketball team. Go to BBall, try to get to Tesla, yes get to KK. I may stop at KK and get a coffee for the drive home, but I think I'd rather be less distracted for the virginal drive.