Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Fault ID 56 - Communication Problem Power Reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the Roadster Fault ID 56 - Communication Problem Power Reduced ?
I have this message on #0344 and cannot put the car in gear. I also get the Fault ID: 3004- Warning: Gear Selection Problem. The car won't move, even in Tow Mode so I assume that the parking lock is on. I guess its possible that
IMG_0004.JPG
the faults may be connected.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions how to release the parking pawl? Or any other suggestions welcome !:rolleyes:

saw from another post; do you have ovms installed? Perhaps unplug it if you do. Some communication issue is happening somewhere or a wire is loose or not connected which other post pointed to unplugging the ovms.

Communication error

I'm not a expert but any type of solution could help; have you tried rebooting the system or vms? Crap I see you can't even get to your diagnostic menu because it's asking for a password?

Grubermotors.com can help diagnose those error codes, call and ask for Peter for the Roadster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matteni
Thanks Jason. I do not have OVMS. I have tried to reboot the VMS by disconnecting the black and blue connectors as suggested in other posts, but that does not seem to work. I'll try Peter Gruber as you suggest, thanks for the suggestion.:)

Thanks. :) I have checked the the APS connector is in place. it seems fine.

I was going to try and pull it off and re-fit it, but it seems that the 12v system should be disabled via the diagnostics menu before doing that.
But I don't have the access code to that menu. Does anyone know if its OK to to disconnect the APS input connector to the PEM without first disabling the 12v system?

I have this same issue with #209, PEM fan really loud. Car won't charge, should I do a reboot? I have a 1.5

Try anything in order to get the charging working; could be your 400v controller which would require Tesla Service center now; if you can't figure it out I would inhibit the car until you figure out the next step to prevent phantom drain as the pem fan and coolant pump are running 24/7

Call Grubermotors and see what they say to possibly diagnose you further.

Last edited: