Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocks Rolling Around In Ventilation System?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, have an issue with my Sept 2018 Model S. It seems like rocks have gotten into the bottom ventilation system under the front seats, on both sides. They roll around when I go around corners, accelerate, or brake.

Here's where I think the rocks entered, very easy for them to go into here from passengers in the rear.
upload_2019-5-4_19-33-20.png

Here's a video of the noise it makes when I accelerate or brake, and it is on both sides of the car.

This is driving me crazy, I have searched for anyone else that has had this issue but can't find anything. Anyone have any ideas?

I could never make them reach the top portion of the vent again, 75D problems I guess? Maybe I need a performance model for that lol they were stuck pretty good down there.

I ended up getting this little snake camera that connects to my phone and stuck it down there. I saw rocks on both sides

20190511175636.jpg

20190511180356.jpg

I then ordered this 28" dryer cleaner vacuum attachment that is small and bendy and shoved it down there. Had to do it a few times but now the rocks and noises are gone! Woo-hoo! Hopefully this thread helps someone else too