Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla vs Maxton Design Body Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up a 2023 Model 3 RWD recently and was looking into some body kits that I could pick up and install at a decent price.

Would you recommend RPM or Maxton over one another for their lower end (not carbon fiber) products? or are they pretty comparable?

Looks are subjective so you have to make up your own mind in that department, but when it comes to fit/finish, quality and standing behind a product - there is one, hands down, choice - Maxton Designs

Their kits are designed and manufactured locally to their HQ in Eastern Europe and sold worldwide by franchise owners or resellers. Cover many makes/models far beyond Tesla as well with a decent and growing 3/Y, S/X offering.

Pro-tip: dont just visit their US or Canadian sites, go to the source and checkout the Polish website for the most recent products and finishes... which eventually trickle down across the EU, UK, and beyond across the ponds and can be ordered via the local franchises directly.

In contrast, RPM is purely a reseller (long-time and fairly successful at that) of all things Aliexpress, Alibaba, eBay and 3rd party Amazon, etc. Nothing wrong with that, but bodykits found here will reflect the quality of the factory in Asia, RPM simply pays it forward.

Reactions: canasion35
I personally wouldn't buy anything from RPM, I bought two items and they always delay their shipments, zero customer communication, their products never fit as they show on their website. Return policy is that you pay for return. And they ask for pictures, ask million questions before accepting return. Just from my personal experience. As Perscitus said, they simply resell products, pretty sure they don't make their own products.

Reactions: Kwame
Maxton Designs hands down is the better choice. Fitment is spot on, quality is high and looks like it can be OEM. I vowed to not order anything from Aliexpress, ebay, etc. as the fitment is typically terrible and involves more work to get it right than its worth.