Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales Jump 33,500%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many Model Ses were sold in total in California in 2012?

Don't know, but this Polk data says ~1100 sold in Cali in June, which implies ~ 600 in Apr and May. That implies the mix is tilting more heavily Cali now....

One could say the higher numbers show the car sells itself (probably true), or one could say a high Cali mix shows the incentives play a huge role in adoption (probably true).

Compare to Prius which is like 25-30% of sales in Cali.

Don't know, but this Polk data says ~1100 sold in Cali in June, which implies ~ 600 in Apr and May. That implies the mix is tilting more heavily Cali now....

One could say the higher numbers show the car sells itself (probably true), or one could say a high Cali mix shows the incentives play a huge role in adoption (probably true).

Compare to Prius which is like 25-30% of sales in Cali.

How did you calculate/estimate those figures?

How did you calculate/estimate those figures?

Follow the story to the cncda newletter which has the data (URL: http://www.cncda.org/secure/GetFile.aspx?ID=2583). Then you'll see in the table 1,097 Model S registered in June in Cali and 2,308 Model S registered in Q2. 2,308 - 1,097 = 1,211 over the 2 months of Apr / May. Or ~600 avg per month.

So that data, if accurate, shows a major mix shift to Cali.

The car sells itself. I don't think the extra $2500 that California currently offers as a rebate makes too much difference in the end, although it's nice to get that check. HOV stickers are nice, but I have my stickers and have never put them on the car because I maybe would need them once a year.