Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Electrician

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in San DIego have a price on how much it is to install a 220 for a charging port. I live in a brand new home I dont know if that matters but i read something about upgrading the box with SDGE. I'm just prepping the home before purchase.

Depends. Price depends on how far from the panel you want the outlet. I've seen a low of around $350. Tesla's 'recommended' electricians will run around $600 for the same job. If you have a 100a panel, you may need to have SDGE upgrade it to 200. I would recommend UC Photons, although it's a one-man solar installer/electrician and he's pretty busy. He's also a model S owner.

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid
I recently had a HPWC installed by a licensed electrician and i am extremely happy with their work/price. I did get a permit. I had over 100 ft of cable that had to be ran in our attic so it wasn't the easiest job.

PM me or reach out here if anyone would like their name/number

I recently had a HPWC installed by a licensed electrician and i am extremely happy with their work/price. I did get a permit. I had over 100 ft of cable that had to be ran in our attic so it wasn't the easiest job.

PM me or reach out here if anyone would like their name/number
Hi I’m new not sure how to pm you but I would like the name of your installer