Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco International Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need more Roadster pics! ;)
Last year's line-up. Different Roadsters in the middle.
IMG_2090.jpg

Went to the LA Auto Show yesterday hoping to see the Roadster, maybe a MY or even a truck. Was I disappointed. The Tesla display was as bare bones as it could be. It wasn't even in the convention hall with the other cars. It was outside in a tent with almost no signage. Only three cars on display; an MX, MS and M3. I chalked it up to Tesla's rejection of traditional marketing or advertising so I am surprised to see a real display at the SF Auto show.

I am waiting on delivery of a MX, ordered 10/31. The good news is I went to the show to see if there was any other car, particularly, a BMW X6 or a Mercedes GLS, that interested me and the answer was no.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
Tesla often doesn't even show up to auto shows at all, at least not with an official presence.

I've attended Tokyo Motor Show (it's every 2 years) over six separate years. I was amazed and surprised to see they actually had a (small) presence at the most recent one (2019).

Went to the LA Auto Show yesterday hoping to see the Roadster, maybe a MY or even a truck. Was I disappointed. The Tesla display was as bare bones as it could be. It wasn't even in the convention hall with the other cars. It was outside in a tent with almost no signage. Only three cars on display; an MX, MS and M3. I chalked it up to Tesla's rejection of traditional marketing or advertising so I am surprised to see a real display at the SF Auto show.
Ya, this was a "privately owned" Tesla display. No official Tesla presence there for a variety of reasons. Glad we could get a presence there and thanks to the Tesla owners for giving up their cars for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Reactions: e-FTW and jboy210
it was nice to see some representation there but they honestly looked out of place since they were mostly stock/OEM (not really anything to look at), you guys should at least try to get modded ones, its in the aftermarket section after all.

I realize the pics are hidden away in the Silicon Valley group, so for the benefit of the larger community, here are a few pics of this year’s presence at the auto show. Again, these are our cars, not a Tesla Corp display:

A794FA5F-8E3E-41C9-85C6-C142B7C94DF6.jpeg
C5569E6A-D264-4DC0-8267-197DFEDE5D84.jpeg
9FC49FF0-35CD-4512-A8C3-8F9138AAE768.jpeg
58FE292E-F822-43F6-B857-BAD6EF56EFFD.jpeg
8A4749CF-3025-4430-8BC3-4DD2C406FD56.jpeg
AA6AB8EA-4700-4E5C-AFE7-49CA7B3992EE.jpeg
129E8B53-1CAD-45CD-A0CE-022C32FD7BCF.jpeg
D29CE6B7-036B-4305-993A-72715E633DEB.jpeg

Sorry to the two Model X owners, I clearly failed you in my photography! Your cars looked great!
We were promised pics from the show’s own photographer. Looking forward to those!

it was nice to see some representation there but they honestly looked out of place since they were mostly stock/OEM (not really anything to look at), you guys should at least try to get modded ones, its in the aftermarket section after all.
It was actually in the owners club area. And near a few dealers that brought the new Astons and Maseratis and Lambos. But you did give me an idea... @Blu Zap maybe we could ask Unplugged Performance if they would be wiling to bring one of their cars out next year.

Reactions: Blu Zap