Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scan my Tesla time units?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Looking at my first data log in scan my Tesla (did an acceleration run, and then did a second run in Chill mode to compare them) and it has a time stamp column, but I don't know if those are tenths of a second, thousandths of a second, picoseconds? What ever they are, they are small and this is a crap load of data to sort through :)

Keith

Hey guys,

Looking at my first data log in scan my Tesla (did an acceleration run, and then did a second run in Chill mode to compare them) and it has a time stamp column, but I don't know if those are tenths of a second, thousandths of a second, picoseconds? What ever they are, they are small and this is a crap load of data to sort through :)

Keith
I think I just answered my own question. I found the zero to 60 portion of my acceleration run and marked the time of the last 0 mph reading (93,070) and then the time when the car reached 60 (96,660) subtract the first number from the second number and you get 3,590 So, it looks like each time unit is 1/1000 of a second :D I am not saying that my car got 0-60 in 3.59 without 1 foot rollout, I was measuring from the LAST 0 mph reading... I am assuming I started accelerating well before the MPH reading actually started going up, and ended AFTER speed reached 60 mph (60.15 mph)

Later,

Keith

Last edited: