Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chill mode power reduction for Tesla Model Y 2022 RWD.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a search to find out whether the power reduction amount for the Tesla MY RWD 2022 in Chill mode has been shown here but could not find it.

Been using Scan My Tesla from within weeks of getting my Y, just love putting numbers to machinery I operate , and from my test comparing Chill to Standard.

Standard mode 233 kW
Chill mode 170 kW

Known this for some time. It surprised me at the time there was even a power reduction when other cars I have driven with Eco mode etc usually just remapped the accelerator from memory ie still full power with foot flat to the floor but slower accelerator response at the start.

Another surprise was the 233 kW figure as I had read 220 kW was the accepted figure although this test was done straight after a full 100% charge. Should nearly empty the battery 1 day and test again.

So approx a 27% reduction in power running around in chill mode. I don't think I will handicap my chances rat racing at the lights by running around in Chill mode anymore. 😁

Just joking. I never rat race.;)

Anyway I hope someone may find this of interest.

Yeah I never understood that. They need a kickdown switch or logic so if the pedal is floored for X seconds then give it the full juice. Or just dampen response for the first 3/4 of pedal but flooring it still gives max power.

Sometimes you need that power to quickly get out of a situation and you can’t be digging through the menus to change the acceleration mode.

Reactions: Hairyman
Yeah I never understood that. They need a kickdown switch or logic so if the pedal is floored for X seconds then give it the full juice. Or just dampen response for the first 3/4 of pedal but flooring it still gives max power.

Sometimes you need that power to quickly get out of a situation and you can’t be digging through the menus to change the acceleration mode.
Chill was designed for those Tesla that have real power. Have you ever floored a Plaid in 'Sport' mode?

Reactions: Maximillan

S3XY Buttons has a setting to do what you described - you can set the Pedal Position for the trigger point

Chill was designed for those Tesla that have real power.
So only some Teslas have "real" power. Well I am driving around in the slowest accelerating car that Tesla makes at the moment from memory so I guess I don't have "real" power.😂 So what power does my Y have ? Apparent power? Reactive power? Electrical engineering joke there.😂 Or is it "fake" power?

Or do you mean the oxymoron interpretation of "real" power. Because power is quantifiable even down to minuscule quantities. So in those situations there is no such thing as "real" power. Yep pretty sure you meant that oxymoron interpretation of "real" power. Maybe you meant "a very high power/weight ratio"?

It seems to me getting up there on those high horses good English gets lost there somewhere LOL.

Think I might just stay down here with my feet on the ground and try not be condescending to others and at least try to show I know what I am writing about and not use oxymorons;). "Real" power LOL.

So only some Teslas have "real" power. Well I am driving around in the slowest accelerating car that Tesla makes at the moment from memory so I guess I don't have "real" power.😂 So what power does my Y have ? Apparent power? Reactive power? Electrical engineering joke there.😂 Or is it "fake" power?

Or do you mean the oxymoron interpretation of "real" power. Because power is quantifiable even down to minuscule quantities. So in those situations there is no such thing as "real" power. Yep pretty sure you meant that oxymoron interpretation of "real" power. Maybe you meant "a very high power/weight ratio"?

It seems to me getting up there on those high horses good English gets lost there somewhere LOL.

Think I might just stay down here with my feet on the ground and try not be condescending to others and at least try to show I know what I am writing about and not use oxymorons;). "Real" power LOL.
realpower-i-dont-want-real-power.gif

LOL you forgot some of the best bit IMO:

With real power comes real responsibility and I don't want any of that *sugar*. I just want the money and the illusion of power. And puss.🤣

Still using "real" to describe quantitively a machine's power level is just ridiculous IMHO ie any machine over a certain level of say XXX kW is "real" power. Under is therefore supposedly what? Fake, non-existent etc etc.

The mechanical engineer in me says BS or using a oxymoron ridiculously IMHO. Although the electrical engineer in me says AC motors, transformers etc there is real, reactive and apparent power.

But even large or small motors show those characteristics so again saying certain Teslas only have "real" power is BS or using a oxymoron ridiculously IMHO.

Reactions: chobra

I drive one of the slowest Tesla - 8 year old model S; merely comparing with the current 'Plaid' S.