Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try TSportsline Upholstery?

I was came across TSportsline upholstered seats. Was looking at a different color than white or black. Has anyone got this done to their model Y? Website says an authored installer has to install. I wonder if this has any effect on airbags, etc.

I don't have any direct experience with these, but I did strongly consider them when I ordered my Y back in 2021. I called and spoke with someone at the vendor about installation ( I would have had it done by an auto upholstery shop here in Tucson rather than tackling it or bringing the car to Tsportline in California).

My first idea was to have the original seat upholstery removed somewhat carefully and kept for spare or whatever, but I was advised that this would be quite difficult - as the sewn-in seat heating pads are expected to be cut out from the original and reused in the Tsportline installation. So I thought hard about it because I do like the look, but in the end I gave up and kept the factory white seats.

My impression is that the various available seat cover sets that fit over the existing ones, while of course not as good as a real reupholstering job, would be at least decent if installed carefully. One problem is that I haven't seen designs for those that look is good as the Tsportline colors and designs. The over-covers are either a little too plain or too garish IMO.

I think it's quite well known how to configure the upholstery piecing and stitching to be compatible with the airbags, but it would be very hard to get any ironclad legal guarantees to that effect from the upholstery supplier or from Tesla!
"Do you agree to let my lawyer sue you if I get hurt in an accident, and if I hire an expert witness who says it might be partly your fault, after you told me it should be fine?"

Good luck and report back if you go with the Tsportline upholstery.