Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking advise-Center Console Variants for 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1032316-02-C _Label_CConsole.jpg
1032316-02-C _PremCenterConsole.jpg
I bought a Piano Black Premiums Insert Center Console for my 2016 Model S (Red) manufactured in February, 2016. The insert seems to be genuine with a sticker (see photo) and looks just like the console on my Model X(photo).

When I tried to install, the console is about a half inch longer than allowed margin between the center dash and arm rest. My question is... are there any variants in the first generation Model S Center Consoles? Any feedback is deeply appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thank you Jimmy 1. I have a well in the center console with leather trims. I was hoping I could just drop in the center console insert into this. But, it seems I could not get the console insert in place.

Does it mean I could never get the insert installed on my Model S made in February, 2016?

Thank you Jimmy 1. I have a well in the center console with leather trims. I was hoping I could just drop in the center console insert into this. But, it seems I could not get the console insert in place.

Does it mean I could never get the insert installed on my Model S made in February, 2016?
No, Tesla did make one at one time, a retrofit, but they are hard to find. A better option is the www.evampedup.com consoles. I really like the LED cups, very cool. They have added the Qi charging, which I would personally like to add to mine.