Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Input on Battery Drain Experience - Tesla Model X 2016 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am a proud owner of a Tesla Model X and I am writing to seek your valuable insights and experiences regarding battery drain when the car is parked.

I have noticed a reduction in range of around 4-6 miles in a 24-hour period when my car is parked, without using Century mode (don’t have one on my car). However, I am curious to learn about the average numbers you have experienced in terms of both miles and percentage, as well as what is considered normal and what might be considered too high.

I understand that battery drain can vary based on several factors, including software versions, settings, temperature, and battery age. However, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your personal experiences to gain a better understanding of what is typical for the Model X.

Additionally, if any of you have found effective strategies to minimize battery drain while the car is parked, I would be grateful for any tips or recommendations you can share.

Your input will greatly assist me in assessing the performance of my Model X and ensuring that it aligns with the expected battery drain levels. I understand that individual experiences may vary, but gathering information from fellow Tesla owners will provide me with a broader perspective.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your experiences and insights. Your contributions will not only benefit me but also other Tesla owners who may have similar concerns.

Looking forward to your responses and engaging in fruitful discussions.

Pretty sure lots of thread on it...

I loose 2-3% while car sits at work for 12hr
Sometimes i loose 3% by noon after overnight charging then nothing till eve... deep sleep?
I left on vacation once for 7 days, charge stats showed 3kW (~5%) charged 4 out of 7 days car sat...

I’ve managed to bring my battery drain down down to near zero by turning off WiFi . A weak signal can wreck havoc on the battery and drain it especially when the car is at 10% or less.
I’m still playing around with my new MXLR drain rate. Last week I had 2 nights where the car lost 19 and 14 miles overnight respectively. Then it seemed to settle down to 2-3 miles. I’ve tried turning off the fan, turning off WiFi, stopping checking the car on the Tesla app, etc. No conclusive results yet. Overall, it’s a big high tech car compared to my M3LR which has much lower consumption while driving and parked.

To update my previous post..
There's definitely some deep sleep mode after few days
When i leave the car sitting for more than few days, it consistently drains a bit more 1st few days then very little later
On the 18th below, the door was opened n the cycle restarted...

1702237517218.png

Many ppl say that checking on car via app wakes it up, in my experience it DOESN'T.
During this time in the graph i was checking my app at least 2 times a day...