Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Tesla - looking for guidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Fam,

I recently put in my order for a Model S and am looking to sell my 2021 Model 3 performance w/ FSD. It has a Xpel 10mil full body wrap with 8k miles. What automotive sales sites would ya'll recommend I post the vehicle to get the best price? I reside in Austin Texas.

Im in no rush to sale since my S's delivery date is 11/26 and if past predicts future that'll likely get pushed back.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations

Hello Tesla Fam,

I recently put in my order for a Model S and am looking to sell my 2021 Model 3 performance w/ FSD. It has a Xpel 10mil full body wrap with 8k miles. What automotive sales sites would ya'll recommend I post the vehicle to get the best price? I reside in Austin Texas.

Im in no rush to sale since my S's delivery date is 11/26 and if past predicts future that'll likely get pushed back.

Maybe try cars and bids? Whatever Doug Demuro's website is.

Hello Tesla Fam,

The same sites you would attempt to sell any other vehicle, these are not "rare" cars or anything.

Carvana, Autotrader, vroom, carmax, etc. There is also a marketplace here, as well:

Note that, pricing discussion all goes in the market place. I mention this because usually the next question is "what should I sell it for?" in many cases. If you want to have that discussion on pricing, please post that question in the marketplace "tesla for sale" section.

The used car market is pretty messed up right now. I just sold my Porsche Boxster because... Model 3 and 20 years old.

My experience selling it was totally wacko. From getting a low-ball price of $3200, to a KBB price of $6000, to Carvana offer of $8K to finally selling it Carmax for $11K. Then I looked recently, and it was shipped to Orange County and sold retail for $20K.

So... My advice is be serious about the selling, get every offer you can. It's random as hell.

But yeah, wait for the S to arrive, Tesla is nearly as wacky now.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy