Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not sensitive enough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was parked in a parking lot, had Sentry mode turned on, and apparently this hit-and-run to my Model S was not severe enough to trigger the alarm nor notification from Sentry mode on my phone. :mad:

Here's a video from the driver-side camera which is all well and good, but no clear image of the offending vehicle's license plates. :(

This is picture of the dents in the driver-side rear door, quarterpanel and bumper. The quarterpanel has some particularly bad indentations, and will have to be replaced as this is a leased vehicle.

20190410_205157-small.jpg

I’m not sure how much of a bump it takes to set off the intrusion alarm but it appears that it is very sensitive to any movement around the car if the windows are open as little as an inch. I’m in New Mexico and parked in an isolated area and the alarm went off twice this afternoon after the wind came up. Maybe it rustled paper or some thing.

Right after installation of the intrusion alarm, I walked past the car with a window half open and set off the alarm. My conclusion is that the intrusion system is very sensitive to movement and not limited to the interior if the windows are not completely closed.

We have an X and maybe it takes a pretty good hit for to stimulate the tilt alarm.

What a piece of work that guy is.

Hope you find the perp and take him to the cleaners. He shouldn’t be driving anything but Yugos or Geo Metros for the next 5 or 10 years.

That is $10K+ to fix, guaranteed. I had similar Q panel damage and it was a 3-month wait to get it fixed.

What a toe-rag POS. Sorry to see this happened.

Dual-channel dash cam still the way to go, even as a backup as Tesla cam & sentry mode improve with time.

Any CCTV from nearby stores which may have captured the incident ? Probably a regular customer, may jolt some memory if you provide description of the car.

What a toe-rag POS. Sorry to see this happened.

Dual-channel dash cam still the way to go, even as a backup as Tesla cam & sentry mode improve with time.

Any CCTV from nearby stores which may have captured the incident ? Probably a regular customer, may jolt some memory if you provide description of the car.

First thing I did was ask the restaurant of a CCTV camera, but they don't have one.