Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 9/6 MYLR | MSM | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No
Pick up is in Kansas City, MO

EDD is 3/3/22 - 3/31/22 and has been that way since 11/29
Can't make sense of the priority system Tesla uses. Same OD as me. But I received VIN, but not you. Maybe it is the way certain batches are run by car color or interior. We do not have SA's or Tesla employees ever commenting unlike other company personnel who put some sense into the way their company works.

MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No | EDD: 1/25-2/24 - New Jersey

Any predictions? Was looking on other threads and they were saying that the white on white is the reason it may be taking a bit longer. Anticipation is definitely building up!

was able to stop by my local Dealership and spoke with a SA, gave him my number and he actually gave me a production date? im slated for Jan 22 for production and he said 4-10 days after i should receive my MY 😬 dont know how true this could be but definitely got my hopes up!

MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No | EDD: 1/25-2/24 - New Jersey

Any predictions? Was looking on other threads and they were saying that the white on white is the reason it may be taking a bit longer. Anticipation is definitely building up!
My guess is that you and me (Philly) will be built at the same time as that would make the most sense operationally. My EDD range is close to that, and has been for a while, so from my end I think we just hang tight and pray :)

I am fairly certain you will get VIN this month. They are doing week 1 September. Priority is east coast/Midwest during first monthanks of quarter.

OD: 9/6 - MYLR, grey, 5 seats, carbon wheels, black interior, no other added features and still waiting in VA.. date range just got pushed back again to Jan 27-feb 24. Was middle of January 2 days ago. A lot of fluctuation with the EDD. Wondering if I’ll get it any time soon at this point!? 😩
High tight, with Austin due to begin rolling out MYs soon we all might be in for a nice surprise. OD 9/8 EDD Jan 13-Feb10. With Austin ramping up, that'll just 'free up' MYs coming out of Fremont for those in the West/Mid West-West orders

My guess is that you and me (Philly) will be built at the same time as that would make the most sense operationally. My EDD range is close to that, and has been for a while, so from my end I think we just hang tight and pray :)
Hey! That's a new one...should, could, hope, pray. Those good feeling words will definitely speed up production/deliveries...your car will be produced and delivered when it does

Quick question- I just got a text from Tesla to see if I have a trade-in to help them prepare for delivery. I don't have a trade-in but is this an indication that I might get my car soon...did anyone else had a similar experience..just trying to understand delivery timeline as I have travel booked for first week of Feb. OD sept 8, white on black

Quick question- I just got a text from Tesla to see if I have a trade-in to help them prepare for delivery. I don't have a trade-in but is this an indication that I might get my car soon...did anyone else had a similar experience..just trying to understand delivery timeline as I have travel booked for first week of Feb. OD sept 8, white on black
Yes, about 4 weeks ago a got that text and went through the process. I got a decent offer from Tesla, only $500 less than Carmax, KBB and Edmunds, as well as dealers they work with. It was quick and very easy. Had a quote in a couple of hours. But I will soon be out of the 30 day guarantee and the offer will be subject to change.

Still no VIN, but I entered the EDD window yesterday. This morning my EDD was shortened by two days (yesterday and today), which, sadly, means I won't be getting my car yesterday.

i got this text also and was curious since i didn't have another car on my profile.. i stopped by my local tesla and i was told that this text goes out when you are within your 21 day production / delivery window?

Speculation: Texas could start production of Model Y in 7-10 days

My EDD has been holding steady for the last few days. I hope it doesn't get pushed out again.

January 11 - January 25

How many days before the EDD window does one get VIN assignment?
Based on my experience you don't. I didn't get a VIN when my EDD window opened yesterday. This morning they pushed it back to January 10-January 22, and no VIN today as I enter my second EDD window tomorrow. You'll have at least an extra day to get ready in Seattle.

My uneducated speculative guess is that the white model run for the month is over. With a 9/`14 date you should be getting delivery this month. Which MN service center did you book from? I booked at EP but am close to both EP and Rogers.
I booked out of Maplewood since that’s the closest one to me. I did my test drive out of EP and they people there were really nice.

Reactions: 45thParallel
They are doing week 1 September. Priority is east coast/Midwest during first monthanks of quarter.
I ordered a 5-seat LR no FSD. To follow where Tesla is in delivering, I've been loading the Teslike tracker sheet, sorting by OD, then filtering-out the stuff I didn't buy (Performance, 7-seat and FSD). Then, scroll until I find the point that about half the rows have VINs and half have no VINs. (*). I am seeing that at about August 28, for my build.

So for my model, if I had ordered 8/28, it would be a coin-flip whether I'd have gotten a VIN yet. Since I ordered two weeks later, I expect that it will be a coin-flip whether I have a VIN in two weeks.

(this ignores the off-hold orders, which may spice things up a bit)
(*)some people listed their order, but never come back to list their VIN or delivery. So you don't need to look for absolute 50% of spreadsheet lines with VINs.