Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA warn me about selecting financing and it expiring. Told me not to do it yet. But he didn’t tell me I needed to select cash to complete the process. That delayed my order for two months, called and asked why my order was pushed back to April at that time and found the problem fixed it
When you refer to SA is there a particular person you deal with at your local place or just whoever on the phone

OD: 7/11
Financing Info: 9/18

EDD: Jan 11-Jan 25th

Tesla system is treating my order as if it were placed on 9/18.

The worst part, SA said he cannot do anything from his end to rectify this mistake. Worst customer service.

It makes no sense for making financing info required field, if tesla cannot deliver the cars within the financing window.

This whole select cash and change to loan later is not publicly advertised.
Suggest you go back a few dozen or even 50ish 'pages' and you will see others that had your problem long ago and rectified it long ago by selecting cash

Reactions: 45thParallel
Last update of mine was on Page 92, it seems like posting activity is picking up here. Lots of "June Jail" folks, here, but my EDD remains solid as a rock. I'm at day 107.

My wife and I started talking about starting to pressure SAs, etc... as we're both excited/anxious to get the car and there's some room for asking because people in Oct/Nov are getting their VINs... but the whole AMD chip possibility is a big thing, so we're deciding to stay quiet and just wait for it.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/10: EDD February 14 - March 14th (39 days since latest EDD, 107 days since OD)

One more data points, most SA's have no clue and talk out of their hat's.
I think there should be a checkbox when you sign up to this forum that you acknowledge this fact. If there's one thing consistent about EDDs is that SAs know nothing really. Feels like the only difference is knowing from which colleague's ass to pull whatever answer they are about to make up.

Question: What is the range or average wait between receiving a VIN # and actual delivery? I will need to move funds around before delivery so planning ahead and do not want to get caught short. Thanks for any tips
I also need to move money around and am worried about having a short time to get it all done. I've started so I don't get caught by Tesla's unforgiving delivery schedule. My EDD window moved up a few days ago, so I was taken by surprise.

It seems the closer you are to Fremont the shorter the time between VIN and delivery. One guy in the Bay Area posted today he got a VIN yesterday and a delivery date for today (gulp). Las Vegas is an overnight truck ride from Fremont, so it could be a day or two or three. For folks in the east it is typically a train ride to Chicago or Birmingham, followed by a truck ride to the destination, so they have longer to plan. I would recommend having the money available timed to coincide with the start of your delivery window.

Also, my utility company requires a VIN in order to change to an EV rate plan, then there's shopping for insurance. A lot to do at the end of this ordeal.

I also need to move money around and am worried about having a short time to get it all done. I've started so I don't get caught by Tesla's unforgiving delivery schedule. My EDD window moved up a few days ago, so I was taken by surprise.

It seems the closer you are to Fremont the shorter the time between VIN and delivery. One guy in the Bay Area posted today he got a VIN yesterday and a delivery date for today (gulp). Las Vegas is an overnight truck ride from Fremont, so it could be a day or two or three. For folks in the east it is typically a train ride to Chicago or Birmingham, followed by a truck ride to the destination, so they have longer to plan. I would recommend having the money available timed to coincide with the start of your delivery window.

Also, my utility company requires a VIN in order to change to an EV rate plan, then there's shopping for insurance. A lot to do at the end of this ordeal.
I have a feeling Tesla can sense it is not convenient for you. I'll probably only be offered mine the one week I am on vacation

Here in the mid-west 12-16 days is the average with 14 days being the most common period. I am going to call my local SC and ask them when I can expect delivery. For those who took delivery did you do it over the phone or the App? How did you come to know about the option to set up a pick up appointment?