Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - 9/6 order date, MYLR, Blue, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD/tow

I ended up taking delivery yesterday 1/19. The car was immaculate both in and out.
Came with Intel chip and lead-acid battery which I knew about prior -- when I asked about whether I should give up the VIN in order to try and get the AMD and LION 12V battery, the delivery advisor said that it'd be fine to do that but she couldn't guarantee when the next VIN would come along (next week, next month, March?) and also couldn't guarantee that the next one would come with the AMD/LION, at least until Q2. So with all that, my excitement took over and I just took delivery.

My initial impressions (compared with M3LR which I traded in via KBB instant cash offer) -
- fit and finish out of Fremont definitely is getting better. The car is literally perfect as far as I can tell, and I looked hard for anything.
- Model Y definitely quieter. I do not think I have the double-paned rear windows but it's much quieter even without
- the car is definitely heavier and less nimble than the M3 - not a big deal and not super different, but it is noticeable.
- having a real trunk and having the button to close the hatch - so great.
- 2 annoying things which I guess are prob common knowledge but I did not know -- the 220V adapter for mobile connector no longer comes with the car, just the 110V. This seems like really really annoying penny-pinching by Tesla. Thankfully I was able to go back to the dealer where I traded in the M3 and swiped/exchanged the adapter so I can still charge off my 220V outlet in my garage.
- The other thing is that Homelink doesn't come with the car anymore. I actually find Homelink to be sort of annoying, but I can't believe on a $60K car you have to go back for a $300 retrofit. Ridiculous.

I will say that I called Tesla customer service to ask about the mobile connector adapter and told the agent that I thought it was ridiculous that a car that is meant to be charged with a 220 V adapter doesn't come with it, and he agreed... and then a little while later I got an email saying that my premium connectivity trial was extended from 30d to 1 year. Not sure if the two are connected but I am not sure why I would've gotten that otherwise...

Anyway - happy hunting for everyone still waiting.
Congratulations. I have installed the Tesla wall connector, but use the mobile connector in my garage because I work from home, and I do not travel much. Long trips are out until for me for a couple of more months. I did buy the homelink and as soon as I took delivery yesterday made a mobile service appointment and they are fitting it tomorrow. I agree, quality at Fremont has improved and I had no problems in my Tesla. All the tons of checklists printed and kept ready were not used. I see you are moving from a 3 to a Y. Interesting to get your perspective. I moved from a Lexus SUV to the Y and the first thing I noticed is that the Tesla MYLR is much lower and much less wider than my Lexus 350 Rx. Seats are of less width too. It does not bother me. Getting used to the menu will take time as well as the regen braking. I decided to tough it out for a week for the regen braking and adapt quicker. I drive during off peak to avoid inconveniencing other drivers. It feels like a teenager learning to drive all over!

Hi all - 9/6 order date, MYLR, Blue, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD/tow

I ended up taking delivery yesterday 1/19. The car was immaculate both in and out.
Came with Intel chip and lead-acid battery which I knew about prior -- when I asked about whether I should give up the VIN in order to try and get the AMD and LION 12V battery, the delivery advisor said that it'd be fine to do that but she couldn't guarantee when the next VIN would come along (next week, next month, March?) and also couldn't guarantee that the next one would come with the AMD/LION, at least until Q2. So with all that, my excitement took over and I just took delivery.

My initial impressions (compared with M3LR which I traded in via KBB instant cash offer) -
- fit and finish out of Fremont definitely is getting better. The car is literally perfect as far as I can tell, and I looked hard for anything.
- Model Y definitely quieter. I do not think I have the double-paned rear windows but it's much quieter even without
- the car is definitely heavier and less nimble than the M3 - not a big deal and not super different, but it is noticeable.
- having a real trunk and having the button to close the hatch - so great.
- 2 annoying things which I guess are prob common knowledge but I did not know -- the 220V adapter for mobile connector no longer comes with the car, just the 110V. This seems like really really annoying penny-pinching by Tesla. Thankfully I was able to go back to the dealer where I traded in the M3 and swiped/exchanged the adapter so I can still charge off my 220V outlet in my garage.
- The other thing is that Homelink doesn't come with the car anymore. I actually find Homelink to be sort of annoying, but I can't believe on a $60K car you have to go back for a $300 retrofit. Ridiculous.

I will say that I called Tesla customer service to ask about the mobile connector adapter and told the agent that I thought it was ridiculous that a car that is meant to be charged with a 220 V adapter doesn't come with it, and he agreed... and then a little while later I got an email saying that my premium connectivity trial was extended from 30d to 1 year. Not sure if the two are connected but I am not sure why I would've gotten that otherwise...

Anyway - happy hunting for everyone still waiting.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: FrancoNY
On teslas site, it says on or after Oct 15 2021 will recieve 30days trial. But doesn't say model y before that date. I'm assuming it's still a year

I ordered M3 SR+ in September. Does the 1 year premium connectivity apply to M3? thanks.