Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. So I'm supposed to be picking up this coming Saturday, but I'm getting anxious about the financing.

I'm going through a local credit union because they gave me a pretty good rate, especially for the term. Been in contact with one guy at the bank the whole time. Finally got him the last of the documents he needed last Friday morning, and advised that I would need this soon, as Tesla has a very short turnaround time. As of this morning, I'm still waiting on confirmation that we will be good to go for pickup. He assures me that they "should" have everything ready for Saturday, but at this point I'm getting nervous. Never had this take so long before with any of my other car purchases. Usually it takes maybe a few hours to a day.

Sorry, just needed to come and rant. My wife is getting tired of the back-and-forth ranting everyday.
Got a loan through DCU and took about a week from application submittal to check. Customer service there is a bit of a 💩 show with phone hold times on the order 2-4 hrs.

Just got my VIN.
OD: 9/17 White ext/black int/5 seats/no fsd/no tow/20" wheels.

EDD changed from 3/31-4/12 to 5/12-6/18 on 2/21. EDD now is 2/26 - 3/2.
They really pushing out the Cars to WA this month. Mine changed from June/July to Feb 2/Mar28 and changed again this morning to Feb26/Mar12. No vin but I hope they push it back out. LOL I just got the M3 last month and can hold off on MY. Did you get one with AMD?

Reactions: BGOwner
For any folks that are still lurking around after having already received their MY, how many EDD windows did you enter before you managed to get a VIN? I am just about to enter my fourth EDD window (as long as it doesn't get changed in the next day or so). My first EDD window I entered was back in early December before it got pushed to 2022. Seems from reading here that most folks seem to go into 4-5 EDD windows before actually getting vin/car. Does that seem like what most experience, or does it very widely? Just trying to set my expectations from getting too high. =P
I entered 3 EDD windows, I didn't even enter the fourth window. I was assigned a vin two days before entering my fourth window. I got my official text the day before entering my 4th window

After a five-and-a-half-month wait, we picked up Kahurangi today. The name is Maori for deep blue, and it's also one of the more beautiful national parks in my native New Zealand.

274350481_345826794106121_2016023507500974582_n.jpg

The process was a little less smooth than we hoped (the car needed firmware updates as it wouldn't initially unlock), but after an hour of the tech people doing stuff to it out the back, it returned all good to go. Quality looks really sound, and we had a really great trip home in 8-10F temps. It's sort of unreal to finally have it sitting in the garage. I need to figure out how best to clean it (Minnesota winters leave cars looking like mobile cakes of mud) and I need a flat tire kit, but other than that, I'm just delighted to finally have it! Love it so far. Kids fell asleep on the way home, giving my wife and I a chance to enjoy the quiet...

274041132_279306804293762_4533583167179277726_n.jpg

Hope everyone still waiting on a September order gets theirs soon!

Last edited:
After a five and a half month wait, we picked up Kahurangi today. The name is Maori for deep blue, and it's also one of the more beautiful national parks in my native New Zealand.

View attachment 773114

The process was a little less smooth than we hoped (the car needed firmware updates as it wouldn't initially unlock), but after an hour of the tech people doing stuff to it out the back, it returned all good to go. Quality looks really sound, and we had a really great trip home in 8-10F temps. It's sort of unreal to finally have it sitting in the garage. I need to figure out how best to clean it (Minnesota winters leave cars looking like mobile cakes of mud) and I need a flat tire kit, but other than that, I'm just delighted to finally have it! Love it so far. Kids fell asleep on the way home, giving my wife and I a chance to enjoy the quiet...

View attachment 773115

Awesome Congrats! I remember when all four of my kids were that young :). Also looks like Tararua blew the 4-5 EDD theory thingy out of the water ;). I’m sure I’ll be a in a similar boat when they finally build my unicorn 7 Seater. As it is I am 5 months and three weeks in…

Last edited:
After a five-and-a-half-month wait, we picked up Kahurangi today. The name is Maori for deep blue, and it's also one of the more beautiful national parks in my native New Zealand.

View attachment 773114

View attachment 773115

Where did you pick up in MN? I'm on the south side of the cities as well, my wife went to college in Winona, and will be trading a car in. Did you trade? Curious of that experience as well.

Congrats on the ride!!!