Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, would welcome some suggestions here. I have a red ext, blk interior MYLR everything else default (price locked in May 2021). Hold released on 2nd Sept 2021. I am running out of options here, as I am unable to upgrade to Aug/sept price since my OD is May 2021. My EDD has shifted multiple times (view my about section). This is the reply I got from my SA, it’s like I am forced to cancel my order which is completely unfair!

“Your account has already been escalated to the delivery team. Since our factory isn’t producing many Model Y’s and specifically ones of your configuration currently, there’s not much our delivery team can do right now.”

Latest Updates: window moved up slightly and narrowed to 10 days; no VINs assigned thus far

OD: 9/18
Hold: 10/30-2/1
2/2 EDD assigned: 2/17-3/17
2/18 EDD changed to: 4/14-5/12
2/22 changed to: 3/17-31
3/4 changed to: 3/6-16
3/7 changed to: 3/11-31
3/12 changed to: 3/17-31
3/18 changed to: 5/3-6/7
3/19 changed to: 3/21-3/31
3/22 changed to: 5/11-6/15
3/28 changed to: 4/13-5/11
4/9 changed to: 4/11-20
This gives me hope. OD of 9/13 hold same dates.
Current EDD is 4/11 - 5/9. Your window shrunk and stayed in the same month so you should be taking delivery soon.

Hopefully I get the same behavior with my EDD tomorrow or the following day.

It seems MYPs are also getting pushed as well, just saw the update this morning.

Originally, I had a MYLR w/ OD 9/30 and thought I could wait it out without going MYP or adding FSD. What finally got me to change it to MYP (with similar config) last week was the EDD getting pushed from June jail to Aug 23-Oct1.

So the next morning after going MYP, it changed to an EDD of April8-April17. Not bad at all, however I was cautiously optimistic knowing that until an actual VIN drops, it’s not set…

Sure enough a day into the EDD window with no updates, it now shows April25-May23.

Hoping this window narrows back down again.

Guys, would welcome some suggestions here. I have a red ext, blk interior MYLR everything else default (price locked in May 2021). Hold released on 2nd Sept 2021. I am running out of options here, as I am unable to upgrade to Aug/sept price since my OD is May 2021. My EDD has shifted multiple times (view my about section). This is the reply I got from my SA, it’s like I am forced to cancel my order which is completely unfair!

“Your account has already been escalated to the delivery team. Since our factory isn’t producing many Model Y’s and specifically ones of your configuration currently, there’s not much our delivery team can do right now.”
What is your EDD? Not producing many Model Y’s? What is your SA smoking?

Maybe try calling the main number and take to someone in the call center, not that they will know much more.

What is your EDD? Not producing many Model Y’s? What is your SA smoking?

Maybe try calling the main number and take to someone in the call center, not that they will know much more.
Not sure if there are many folks who ordered a red+Blk combo in MYLR, maybe that’s what SA is pointing to. Else how would there be so many cars coming out of Fremont every EOQ? :) I have called the main call center so many times and just get appeasing answers and even visited the showroom multiple times.

My EDD right now is Apr 18-May 16. It has changed several times and has been a rollercoaster.

December -> Jan-Feb -> Feb-Mar -> upto End of May at one time -> pulled back twice to 2 week EDDs in March. Lack of flexibility to change/upgrade my order is giving me the biggest headache right now. Indirectly it’s like forcing me to cancel and pay up the 10-12K difference (from May 2021 OD price).

Pretty confident it won’t arrive this quarter as well. :/

I was actually contacted by my SA this morning and was told that my Y is nearing completion and that I should have a VIN any day now...this is only the second time this SA has contacted me the first being when I first ordered. I usually have to make contact...the tea leaves based on experience says all signs are pointing to actual movement. Guess we will see...hope meter is about 55%

I was actually contacted by my SA this morning and was told that my Y is nearing completion and that I should have a VIN any day now...this is only the second time this SA has contacted me the first being when I first ordered. I usually have to make contact...the tea leaves based on experience says all signs are pointing to actual movement. Guess we will see...hope meter is about 55%
Yay! What's your current OD?

OD 09/17, updated EDD 04/13-04/21

I just got another VIN assigned today NF422* (previous one was assigned on Mar 21 during EOQ rush and randomly revoked). Of course the EDD range overlaps the window when I'm out of town for the first time in 6 months. Here's hoping delivery happens this week itself.

Crazy, our situation is super similar. My OD is 9/16 in SoCal. I got a vin in the EOQ rush, got super excited, and then all of a sudden it disappeared from my account. I was told the VIN didn't match my config, but seems likely it was just given away to someone closer to meet EOQ.

After that fiasco, I was told factory prioritized my order, and today I got a VIN NF423. Hoping this one stays with me hah.

Crazy, our situation is super similar. My OD is 9/16 in SoCal. I got a vin in the EOQ rush, got super excited, and then all of a sudden it disappeared from my account. I was told the VIN didn't match my config, but seems likely it was just given away to someone closer to meet EOQ.

After that fiasco, I was told factory prioritized my order, and today I got a VIN NF423. Hoping this one stays with me hah.
How did you find out & get factory prioritize may I ask? Advisor told you & helped pushed or someone else / another department?

I have heard others say their SA say the order was escalated to Logistics. Sometimes I wonder if it's just something else they say to hold you off a little longer.
Have heard as well. And when they do, it doesn't seem like it always accelerates things. More random. So I'm not sure it's not just blowing smoke. But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

I'm curious, how much is your build subtotal, before delivery fees, order fees? Did you try asking them "well which configurations ARE you building right now that I can have to get my car at my same build subtotal?" My feeling is you have such a great price locked in that Tesla will lose a lot of money if they build it now.

How did you find out & get factory prioritize may I ask? Advisor told you & helped pushed or someone else / another department?
What I was told was that the prioritization happens at the factory level whenever you are assigned a VIN, but get it unassigned for whatever reason. TBH, I thought it was all talk, but ~2weeks later and I got the VIN. I think its true that the SA and you local facility can't do much to get your car delivered faster other than looking for other cars that we're denied. They are at the mercy of the factory schedulers.

Reactions: c77m
What I was told was that the prioritization happens at the factory level whenever you are assigned a VIN, but get it unassigned for whatever reason. TBH, I thought it was all talk, but ~2weeks later and I got the VIN. I think its true that the SA and you local facility can't do much to get your car delivered faster other than looking for other cars that we're denied. They are at the mercy of the factory schedulers.
Hmmm... so VIN assigned but then didn't get the actual VIN afterwards then means factory priority. What happens if I ask a SA to assign me a random car to get the VIN only to reject them later cause it's not my build / what I wanted... but I got the VIN, will that get me the factory priority.... May or may not be onto something here.

I'm curious, how much is your build subtotal, before delivery fees, order fees? Did you try asking them "well which configurations ARE you building right now that I can have to get my car at my same build subtotal?" My feeling is you have such a great price locked in that Tesla will lose a lot of money if they build it now.
Build subtotal is around 10-11K less than what the current price of a base MYLR is at this point in time :) if they are losing a lot of money to build it, then why honor the price in the first place and keep the order still active, only to see if getting pushed out every month? I can’t believe these stories from multiple Advisors/SAs saying that I put a hold till 9/2 (original OD was in May) which is causing this much delay. I live close to the Fremont factory as well, wasn’t prioritized for March EOQ push.

I am infact going to the extent of keeping my existing order and starting a parallel order for a MYP in my spouse’s name (since I can’t even upgrade my current one because of my original OD) to see if I can luck out and get a car in the next 2-2.5 months..Just when I thought I got a great deal: it’s capitalism- 1, Me- 0

Reactions: ebNautilus