Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Gen 2 Wall Charger Chicago will ship

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New in box. Gen 2 Elon Signature HPWC.
Box opened to check contents only.
Will ship for $50.00 ups ground.
$1000.00
Local pick up avail.60510

Paypal accepted however buyer must pay Paypal fees.
630-803-0202 cell

Attachments

• elon 1.jpg
    elon 1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 96
  • elon 2.jpg
    elon 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 61
The new gen 3 sucks. The gen 2 is in demand and disco. Charges to 80 amps and has a 24 ft cord. The new one is max 48 and has a 18 ft cord which is too short. Check Ebay completed auctions. These sell all day long for over 1000$.

The new gen 3 sucks. The gen 2 is in demand and disco. Charges to 80 amps and has a 24 ft cord. The new one is max 48 and has a 18 ft cord which is too short. Check Ebay completed auctions. These sell all day long for over 1000$.

Those points are more/less relevant to certain people. Newer Teslas can't charge at those rates, and most people won't need to for overnight charging. Cable length needed can vary by individual as well. Plenty of folks out there are using 8' connectors.

The new units also have a thinner and lighter cable. The wifi connectivity will allow for future updates, too. I'd get one at $500 before ever paying a premium for the older version.

But anyways, GLWS - It's a free market. If there are buyers at $1K, go for it!

• Love
Reactions: azjohn and ByByGas
I’ll offer $1,800

Like it or not, that's about the market rate on Gen 2 HPWC right now. You don't have to like it but crapping on this guy's for sale thread isn't going to change it. If you want to discuss the inflated market rate of Gen 2 HPWC feel free to start a thread in the General Discussion subforum but this guy's for sale thread isn't this place for chit chat about the topic.

I had Gen 2 and recently upgraded to Gen3. Gen 3 is a lot lighter and it is a lot easier to install. The only difficulty is that it doesn't come pre-drilled so you have to drill your own hole. The cable is a lot thinner and lighter, making it much easier to move around. Gen 2 is a giant pig by comparison. While Gen2 could charge up to 80 amps, you won't be able to utilize it unless you have a Model S capable of such.

I had Gen 2 and recently upgraded to Gen3. Gen 3 is a lot lighter and it is a lot easier to install. The only difficulty is that it doesn't come pre-drilled so you have to drill your own hole. The cable is a lot thinner and lighter, making it much easier to move around. Gen 2 is a giant pig by comparison. While Gen2 could charge up to 80 amps, you won't be able to utilize it unless you have a Model S capable of such.
Apparently you didnt read the post above. This is ad for a charger for sale. Not a "chit chat" post on how the charger is better etc.

• Disagree
Reactions: Frazman