Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow app connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had my MYLR since early December and one thing I can’t seem to sort is the slow connection when using the Tesla app. Whenever I open the app I have to wait 20-30 seconds for it to connect to the car. Even when I’m at home and both the car and phone are connected to Wi-Fi. The only time it seems to be ok is if I just get out of the car and check the app it seems to connect instantly. I compared my app with two colleagues recently and theirs seemed to connect almost instantly whilst mine sat there spinning. This isn’t the end of the world but it’s extremely annoying when I’m walking towards the car and want to open the trunks, charging port etc.

oh and FYI I’ve deleted, reloaded and reconnected my phone/app with the car and I’ve tried soft rebooting the tablet in the car. Nothing has worked so far. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have had my MYLR since early December and one thing I can’t seem to sort is the slow connection when using the Tesla app. Whenever I open the app I have to wait 20-30 seconds for it to connect to the car. Even when I’m at home and both the car and phone are connected to Wi-Fi. The only time it seems to be ok is if I just get out of the car and check the app it seems to connect instantly. I compared my app with two colleagues recently and theirs seemed to connect almost instantly whilst mine sat there spinning. This isn’t the end of the world but it’s extremely annoying when I’m walking towards the car and want to open the trunks, charging port etc.

oh and FYI I’ve deleted, reloaded and reconnected my phone/app with the car and I’ve tried soft rebooting the tablet in the car. Nothing has worked so far. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you've resolved this - I had similar issues to the point where the app all but completely stopped connecting to the car - Tesla went through the car logs - tried a few things on their end with no luck - in the end they sent mobile service out to swap out the connectivity card which resolved all my connection issues.

Reactions: Abraham