Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solution to cargo net and metal stud

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came up with stole an idea on how to secure a cargo net, and get rid of that metal stud sticking out from the right passenger seat.
My Volvo has a retractable cargo net, placed inside a bar. What if Tesla Hooks a similar bar onto the back of all three backseats with metal locks? Then you can extract the net, and fasten it to the roof. There are multiple ways from different car manufacturers how that can be done.
If you want to lower all three seats at the same time, you can leave the bar, or if you want to lower less, you will need to remove it. if all three seats are down, the bar should still be functional, but with fasting points further in front in the car.
the cargo net bar will now hold the middle seat in place, and secure trunk cargo when all seats are either up or down. shouldn’t be too expensive either.
I would happily pay around $300 for something like this. Although it should already be in place when I buy it.
Picture is from a Volvo V70 with a 60/40 solution, but should be easily adapted to a 40/20/40 setup, that will actually keep the 60 cargo net in place if you want to lower the 40 seat. The middle seat is hooked in place with the bar connecting it to the other 40 seat.

093CEE29-07B6-4D88-BF7A-578F2CEE9460.jpeg
A0B4B951-90CC-4674-AD76-37312947719E.jpeg