Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some stupid Mustang tried to overtake Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree with the OP. I'm usually the idiot passing cars on the dual-lane entrance ramp just before the merge, in our 3 plain AWD. Heck they're just doing 35 MPH when we could be going much faster. It's frustrating if I get caught behind slower cars and don't get the chance to floor it. Not sure how egregious the Mustang's behavior was otherwise, but passing on the ramp should be fine, and especially on the left. I'm aiming for wide gaps in the traffic so no one is squeezed in the merge, and I'm not changing lanes on the ramp.

Funny, the only cars I get being knobs are Volkswagen’s. I never take part though. I just don’t see the value in it. I know my car is quick. That’s enough for me. If someone wants to say they took down a Tesla I don’t particularly care. Ok one time in my wife’s car I was at a red light and gave the driver beside me, in a tesla, the look. Revved the engine and stuff. I laughed like crazy figuring he knew the schtick. He floored it and I crept off the line. It was fun watching it.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
Today, I took my new Mustang out late at night to have a bit of fun in the new car. Handles beautifully and tons of power by the way.

All was going well until I came across this car that was going a bit slow in the right lane (two lanes) before a merge onto the I-5. There was nearly no one else I was in the left lane going quick already so I decided to keep on accelerating (too fun!!) and clear him before merge point.

-------

Let them have fun. You can have fun too. Just don't do it at someone else's harm or expense, please (and also keep yourself safe!). People who drive gas vehicles (even performance ones) are not driving around looking for every chance to throw an EV into a guardrail.

And as a final note, gas performance vehicles absolutely can be "much better at acceleration" at highway speeds than EVs, even Tesla. It's just we're that we're not typically driving at speeds where that difference matters much.

Yeah maybe he is on the Mustang GT forums complaining how this Tesla Model 3 showed him up and wouldn't let him pass. And how it kept honking at him.

Maybe he thinks Mustangs is a true American car and Tesla is not a true American car, and how EVs have no soul. No USA country singer has ever sung about a Tesla yet, even though it is American. I assume alot of people still think Tesla is European just because most American cars are marketed as "tough".

Last edited:
Yeah maybe he is on the Mustang GT forums complaining how this Tesla Model 3 showed him up and wouldn't let him pass. And how it kept honking at him.

Maybe he thinks Mustangs is a true American car and Tesla is not true American, and how EVs have no soul. So many gear heads who are true to gas performance complain that EVs have no soul.
Dude did you even read his post?

Reactions: camalaio
what is the model 3 performance 60-100 time or 80-100 time anyways?

It does not feel slow to me, but maybe I am slow :(

Just had a big old truck bully me into my driveway then floor it, I have to do a near 150 degree turn into my driveway and have to slow down, and of course I signal early when people are tailgating me. They were very upset apparently since they almost kissed my bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.