Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limiter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"A speed limiter (SL) works by means of the driver controlling the speed with the accelerator pedal, but the driver is prevented by the speed limiter from mistakenly exceeding a preselected/preset maximum speed" (e.g.: Pure progressive performance | Polestar).

This would be extremely useful in city driving as well as a way to avoid phantom braking. It is different from the existing 'speed limit' feature as it currently cannot be easily set/adjusted while driving.

Upvote 0
Speed limit does exist. Between 50-90 miles. Would be helpful if it could be 20 miles for residential.
What the OP is talking about is different. That would be an awesome addition (which actually exist in almost every car on the European roads with cruise control)

It would make city driving very relaxing and would help maintain a constant speed. Right now it's very hard to keep constant 50km/h (I'm going faster, notice it, slow down but now I'm actually going 47 so i push the pedal and I'm at 54. Then i take my foot off the pedal... So easy to get a ticket.

Some recommend TACC but it is useless (even dangerous) for city driving, even the manual says use it on highways only.
Also it disengages everytime you touch the brake pedal. It slows down without reason or accelerate going in to a roundabout...

A speed limiter should prevent you overstepping a predefined, easily adjustable speed limit. If you brake it won't disengage.
It would even be possible for the car to read the speed limit road sign and adjust the limit accordingly.

But tesla seems to be adamant not to develop this highly anticipated feature (people complaining about it since 2017)

I am surprised this comes in so late. Everyone in europe, especially in countries with very strict speed limitations and fines like Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands etc have to have this option. It is such a simple thing to do and would save us a ton of fines. I am new to the community and not sure if the tesla engineers read this or if there is a way from the tesla app or otherwise to suggest this functionality.

Reactions: qw3r