Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky noise while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have anyone experienced this squeaky noise before while driving? It's especially happens more frequent and louder after being rained on. I took it to Tesla Service center but they couldn't identify the issue after holding the car for one day. They then said they would start charging me for labor if they find out the issue, and it isn't covered under warranty...i took the car back after they said that, but now it's bothering me alot so i might schedule another appointment. Posting here hopefully someone have some insights or have experienced the same issue before. Thank you.

It sounds quite a bit like the squeaks I was getting from loose interior door trim on my passenger side. It was slightly worse at certain speeds on pavement with just the right roughness (including on highways between 55 and 68 mph, if I recall correctly). It was driving me slowly insane.

It didn't vary with rain, but did vary with temperature quite a bit.

The door trim connectors weren't pushed into the metal door fully, so it was moving in and out a little, particularly at the bottom front, near the speaker. I think it was also allowing the speaker to move a little, which sometimes caused additional squeaks and pops beyond the squeak from the loose door trim.

It wasn't super loose, but enough where the gap between the front bottom of the door trim and the metal interior of the door was noticeable (about 3/16", pullable to more with gentle force). The mobile service guy was initially skeptical that was the issue, but it definitely was. It all went away after he replaced the connectors and secured it properly.

One way to test it is to find a stretch of road and a range of speeds that tend to bring out the noise, then push the trim against the door at different points and see if it helps.

R,
Bill

It sounds quite a bit like the squeaks I was getting from loose interior door trim on my passenger side. It was slightly worse at certain speeds on pavement with just the right roughness (including on highways between 55 and 68 mph, if I recall correctly). It was driving me slowly insane.

It didn't vary with rain, but did vary with temperature quite a bit.

The door trim connectors weren't pushed into the metal door fully, so it was moving in and out a little, particularly at the bottom front, near the speaker. I think it was also allowing the speaker to move a little, which sometimes caused additional squeaks and pops beyond the squeak from the loose door trim.

It wasn't super loose, but enough where the gap between the front bottom of the door trim and the metal interior of the door was noticeable (about 3/16", pullable to more with gentle force). The mobile service guy was initially skeptical that was the issue, but it definitely was. It all went away after he replaced the connectors and secured it properly.

One way to test it is to find a stretch of road and a range of speeds that tend to bring out the noise, then push the trim against the door at different points and see if it helps.

R,
Bill
Thank you. I'll give that a try. It's been quiet today but was squeaking the in the last 2 days not sure if it was because of the rain or not...