Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else hoping that you can get a normal (Eg, M3P) style steering wheel?

I plan to use the car as a daily driver and want it to be somewhat comfortable to drive.
Yeah, after trying out the yoke on the MS plaid I can say that I am not a fan of not having the driving stalks there - the weird shape of the yoke is something I could probably get used to, but I would def. hate it on long drives.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom
Don't think it's a personal thing. It's a functional thing. For those who don't like sport driving, maybe relearning not to put thumbs on the horn (or other non-tactile locations that control ~something) can be adapted to. Seems pointless, to me. For sport, ~800 degrees of yoke rotation, lock to lock, is a deal-breaker. I suspect that, like Probst, serious drivers will swap to a round SW. I know nanny use is far from just a Tesla thing, but they can be turned off placing control in the driver's hands. I"m not a great driver, but could drive the old RWD MS faster in snow (w/snows), than the power-kill nannies would otherwise let me. And that 's the point; pushing the car hard enough that you might just have to shuffle steer your way out. Round SW, please.

Reactions: bee-unit

I’m trying to decide if this is a deal breaker for me or not. Touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel also seem like an obviously bad idea. I mean you’re touching the wheel all the time. If they allow it, I might ask to postpone my spot until there’s a third party wheel that can be installed. (The car would be my daily driver)