Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam game recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend any steam games? I can't find anything that's compatible and half decent. I have two Xbox controllers paired and working. Trying to find a 2-player game like Tank Hero or really anything fun. Willing to pay a few bucks if I have to.

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend any steam games? I can't find anything that's compatible and half decent. I have two Xbox controllers paired and working. Trying to find a 2-player game like Tank Hero or really anything fun. Willing to pay a few bucks if I have to.

Thanks!
I would have recommended Witcher, but a combination of Tesla and steam updates seem to have broken it when I use the PS5 controller. Sorta works with the wired Xbox. I tried Counter strike, and tried to load god of war and others but they were too large.

Frankly the best game I think is Skyforce which does not need steam. works well with two player, one wireless PS5 and one wired xbox.

Reactions: Christopher1
Upvote 0
thanks. yeah i'm already enjoying Skyforce with 2 wireless xbox controllers
PS 5, recommended by Tesla for Steam, works poorly with Witcher after last updates, but does better than Xbox on Skyforce IMO.

Say you preferred to stay in the car while the wife shops. Say your wife has a 30 second fuse when it comes to you gaming. Say you like to park about 30 seconds from the door to avoid parking rash. Skyforce fits the bill nicely.

Upvote 0
My favourite games to play right now are Wreckfest and Forza Horizon 5 (but I’m partial to driving games). They both look great and run well, though frame rates can dip into the 20-30 fps range during intense scenes. If you like shooters, Doom Eternal runs incredibly well.

Is anyone having an issue where the button mappings for the PS5 controller get messed up every time you restart Steam? I need to go into the controller settings and manually remap the buttons every time now. Hopefully there’s a workaround or maybe we have to wait for a future update?

Upvote 0
Is anyone having an issue where the button mappings for the PS5 controller get messed up every time you restart Steam? I need to go into the controller settings and manually remap the buttons every time now. Hopefully there’s a workaround or maybe we have to wait for a future update?
Yes...happened after the recent update. Had to go back to a wired Xbox for Witcher.

Upvote 0
Yes...happened after the recent update. Had to go back to a wired Xbox for Witcher.
You can still use the wireless PS5 controller if you don’t mind setting it up each time. Just have to go to Settings/Controller/Test Inputs (or something similar) then you can reconfigure the buttons when it asks you to press each one as they are highlighted on the screen. Works perfectly after that, but you have to do this every time you run Steam. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future update.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0
You can still use the wireless PS5 controller if you don’t mind setting it up each time. Just have to go to Settings/Controller/Test Inputs (or something similar) then you can reconfigure the buttons when it asks you to press each one as they are highlighted on the screen. Works perfectly after that, but you have to do this every time you run Steam. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future update.
But an update broke it, so I think I'll just relearn the Xbox. Thanks for the explanation.

Upvote 0
I tried to install F1 2022 and Grid but nothing happens when I install and select which drive to install.
Only one other game installed (truck simulator) but really want F1 and Grid. But don't get any error message. Just press the drive to install screen closes but nothing happens .... any help ?

I'm driving a Model S.

Upvote 0
I tried to install F1 2022 and Grid but nothing happens when I install and select which drive to install.
Only one other game installed (truck simulator) but really want F1 and Grid. But don't get any error message. Just press the drive to install screen closes but nothing happens .... any help ?

I'm driving a Model S.
It could be there is not enough space for more than one or two games.

Upvote 0