Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Connectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know why I'm having such trouble disconnecting the airbag and steering control connectors? The videos I have seen, they just pull out the connectors. My fingers are raw from trying. Model 3, 2023 Performance. This 3 appears to have clear connectors that look different from the many videos I have seen. Any ideas?
Steering Connectors.jpg

I answered my own question. A (now former) Tesla service tech got back to me and told me to use a small screwdriver and finagle the connection tabs slowly out of the connector. It takes some time, he says. Evidently, the newer Teslas are much more difficult to remove the connectors. They just don't pull out.

I answered my own question. A (now former) Tesla service tech got back to me and told me to use a small screwdriver and finagle the connection tabs slowly out of the connector. It takes some time, he says. Evidently, the newer Teslas are much more difficult to remove the connectors. They just don't pull out.
Beat me to it. I was about to mention the same thing. Same connectors as in my computer boards. Same method too.

Reactions: DougUnplugged