Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel won’t move up and down in and out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has this issue of the steering wheel won’t move up down in and out and it usually happened after the car were expose under the sun even just for a little time, and we have the car service for 4 times already they change the part every single time and there’s one time they even forgot to put something back and secure the parts and I am very upset and disappointed with their service they couldn’t fix the car for 4 times and this had happened again and I really don’t know what to say does anyone have the same issue as me do?

Yes - having this issue after the most recent update v10.2(2020.36.11) I read somewhere about someone taking it to the SC and the guy pushing down on the top of the wheel till it started working again - so it sounds like a somewhat easy fix - although pretty irritating - thank god for autopilot otherwise this ride would not be as pleasant lol

Check all driver's seat connectors.
I had this problem, and it was because the connector between driver's seat and car had come unlocked and wasn't fully connected. Seat was working fine.
Steering wheel memory is controlled by driver's seat memory module, so if connection there isn't good it won't let steering wheel motors to move.