Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Keeps Shutting Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2023 LR Model Y. Had it for around 6 months. Also have a 2022 Model 3. In the Model Y, randomly the screen will just shut down. My wife drives the car mode than I do and she says it does reboot itself as part of the shutdown. When it's happened to me when I drive it, I've held down the 2 toggle buttons on the steering wheel for something like 30 secs to reboot it. Can't see any pattern to when it decides to shut down, happens when we're driving in neighborhood streets, on freeway and when we're parked. My wife said 1 day it happened to her something like 5 times in the space of a couple of hours. My wife called Tesla service when it first happened and they were pretty dismissive of it and said it'll be fixed in the next update, but that hasn't happened.

Appreciate any advice from the community here.

Mine has done that maybe four times in the past three and a half years. It's a little alarming!

How long has this been happening for you? How many software updates have you installed on that vehicle since this started happening?
I think it's been happening as long as we've had the vehicle, which is about 4 months now. TBH, haven't really paid any attention to how many updates during that time.