Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid Question: How does one determine MCU Rev level and AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been an owner since 2016 of a model S and assumed my car was MCU1 and AP-1 car. My browser works great, yes no video etc, but it works well. Fully updated to latest version-2019.36.2.1ea322ad. Of course no Sentry etc for later versions of Model S. SO the question remains to those who definitely know the full accurate answer to determining exactly which MCU one has and which AP. Thanks for your answers in advance.

You definitely have an MCU1 car given it’s a 2016.

As for AP, you either have an AP1 or AP2 car. AP2 cars started production around October 2016. One way to tell for sure is to walk around the car and count how many cameras you have.

AP2 cars have 8 cameras (3 in front windshield, 1 on each side repeater, 1 on each B pillar and the rear camera.

AP1 cars have 1 camera in windshield and 1 rear camera.

It should be fairly obvious to identify the cameras when you look.

You definitely have an MCU1 car given it’s a 2016.

As for AP, you either have an AP1 or AP2 car. AP2 cars started production around October 2016. One way to tell for sure is to walk around the car and count how many cameras you have.

AP2 cars have 8 cameras (3 in front windshield, 1 on each side repeater, 1 on each B pillar and the rear camera.

AP1 cars have 1 camera in windshield and 1 rear camera.

It should be fairly obvious to identify the cameras when you look.

I'm clear then, I should feel lucky everything works, rock steady AP, one false braking event in three years, dependable/reliable transportation and browser works well and this car will never be self drive, and not disappointed in that fact by the way.

Thank You.