Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successful retrofit of passenger lumbar on 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried installing the Hansshow seat massage module to the retrofitted passenger side lumbar controls to see if it bypasses whatever is bricking the controls?
No.

It really pisses me off that Tesla won't allow us to retrofit. I personally purchased OEM items and the retrofit worked for a couple of weeks before they shut me out.

Elon has outright said that they'll allow people to modify the Cybertruck after delivery because "Modifying your car after delivery is legal in America". Yet, we're not allowed to modify our MY?

I know there are a ton of Elon fan boys around but has anyone considered a lawsuit? Why is Elon allowed to do whatever the heck he wants to skirt the law yet we have to follow his rules?

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
I retrofitted the lumbar which worked for a while before an update (gateway uses the vehicle config to figure out which modules to update, since passenger lumbar was not in original config, it doesn't get updated and the domain controllers ignore LIN messages from out of date devices).

Headlights and radar went in with the indy shop who did the software configuration and provided the hardware. I'm sorry I can't share more info because I'm not sure this shop wants to advertise that they do this work.
Did you happen to lose lumbar support after any new updates or does it remain active?

Great info followed it to the letter however seat works fine but no lumber, tried new switch in drivers seat works fine, also tried lumbar
air bag connected up to drivers seat works fine.
seems not to work in passenger seat when connected up.
can anybody help?
2023 model 3

Great info followed it to the letter however seat works fine but no lumber, tried new switch in drivers seat works fine, also tried lumbar
air bag connected up to drivers seat works fine.
seems not to work in passenger seat when connected up.
can anybody help?
2023 model 3
lt's not clear to me what you are struggling with.
Tesla disabled the lumbar support in the Model 3 and Y a couple years back.
If you want lumbar support, do what I did and insert some foam from the back of the upper seat.