Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested accessories for tall and short drivers to share the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ZoomsansVroom

Supporting Member
May 3, 2019
So "Darling", has her own car, of course, but likes the idea of driving my 3P, once it arrives.

She's 5'3", mostly leg, I'm 6'4". (she was a sprinter, I was a weightlifter, we're pretty much on opposite ends of the physical spectrum)

Any suggestions for things to make life easier? I'm considering getting the seat locks, I saw on Etsy, and I'll get the longer arm ones. Just looking for hints from anyone else who's been in a similar situation.

I'm 5'6", the wife is 4'11.5." Apparently she technically qualifies as a disabled person and can get a handicap parking sign because she's just under 5'?! I digress...

Anyway, we don't have quite the differences in height as you two but I can tell you that I cannot fit into the driver's seat when it's on her seat profile. To workaround her height-deficiency syndrome, I simply set her seat profile to have the 'Easy Entry' mode on, which is an exact duplicate of my seat profile. Essentially, whenever she gets in and out of the car with her seat profile, the moment the door opens, the Easy Entry changes the settings to my profile.

Not sure what you mean by seat locks though...

I've even seem them used in a movie!!!

thWXQIXI2I.jpg