Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super charging issues—consistently throws CHG_w063 CHG_w062 when cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EbS-P

Apr 21, 2022
NC
I everyone. I have been having issues supercharging for the as long as I have had (18 months) my 2016 MX P100d.

When it is cold (this was a Florida car) it will not super charge throwing errors CHG_w063 CHG_w062. 18 months ago the temps had to be below 45F and the car cold. Today a low of 60F and drive the car 12 miles with a temperature of 66F the car would not charge.

The service center (2.5 hours away) was unable to reproduce the behavior on their SC in March and told me that since I have only ever had it happen at a single supercharger location (many many many times) that it could be the the super charger location. I’m very skeptical of this, but have no proof.

I guessing I have a bad or sticky contactor.
CHG_w063_FCNegCntrWelded
The charger could not determine the state of the fast charge contactors or the fast charge contactors may be welded.

If this alert is present on vehicles with Gen 1, 2, and 3 chargers, CHG_a063_FCNegCntrWelded should also be set to provide additional alert data.?

With FUSCing (December 2016 date) and my electricity rates going up we are SC a lot more.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better diagnose this fault and get it fixed.

Thanks in advance
EbS-P

Attachments

• AC04F1AA-FA3F-4FFB-B7E6-B40D5846F91C.jpeg
    AC04F1AA-FA3F-4FFB-B7E6-B40D5846F91C.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 89