Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D charging port no longer opens, chg_w062 and chg_w063 errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my P85D for two months now and it's been by far and away the best car I've ever owned.

Road trips to Tahoe, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Las Vegas have been great. "Camping Mode" came in handy when we got caught in the 5ft of new snow at Kirkwood and couldn't make it the last three mile to our condo due to avalanche mitigation, so we pulled out our sleeping bags and slept for three hours.

After getting my 12v battery replaced by Tesla mobile service on Thursday, I was unable to charge past 81 miles of range at our office supercharger.

I removed the charger, and attempted to plug it back in and it was not accepted. Furthermore, the charge port refused to open after it was closed.

The "open charge port" button on the screen is no longer active and pushing the button on the charging cable - which usually works - does not.

Here are the new alerts

1710179725502.png

Has anyone else ever encountered this particular problem? I dropped off the car at Tesla service but I'd like to hear from other members who have encountered this problem before. According to this Youtuber it's due to a software update

But some other posts state that it could be a bad battery controller, i.e. Tesla Model S Battery Controller Gen 1 1588205-03-B | eBay

Share your experiences and insights please!