Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA - Marine Village Pkwy (permit found, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot! That means there are gonna be two Superchargers on the island between me and the nearest EA site and three to the nearest other site that's faster than 50kWs (thru the tube in Oakland). CCS gotta step up their game if they wanna compete.

I drove by the location several times over the last few weeks, but there's nothing going on, so instead of driving by once more I pulled up the permit and found from Dec. 22nd:

This permit is now placed on hold pending submittal of a waste management plan to address the following comments:
1- Prior to approval of the permit, the applicant shall submit for review and approval by Public Works a waste management plan demonstrating how the project will achieve the City of Alameda’s diversion requirements for construction waste. Projects deemed noncompliant shall be subject to fines and penalties.
The waste management plan can be completed by creating an account and submitting a plan via City of Alameda Recycling Center. The waste management shall include:
  1. The estimated volume or weight of C&D debris, by materials type, to be generated;
  2. The maximum volume or weight of such materials that can feasibly be diverted via
    reuse or recycling;
  3. The vendor or facility that the C&D Applicant proposes to use to collect or receive
    that material; and
  4. The estimated volume or weight of C&D materials that will be sent to a disposal
    site.
There does appear to be some sort of storm sewer construction going on surrounding the future SpC location so it's probably no hurry to get the plan submitted:

99453533-AFB5-4F9D-9DAA-441759A524BF_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bmah
I drove by the location several times over the last few weeks, but there's nothing going on, so instead of driving by once more I pulled up the permit and found from Dec. 22nd:

There does appear to be some sort of storm sewer construction going on surrounding the future SpC location so it's probably no hurry to get the plan submitted:

View attachment 907711
I drove by today and the sewer line work is in full swing, impressive large large tubes being connected together and rolled out along the new sewer line. The space the supercharger is slated for is staging for all of their big equipment for this sewer job, so the charger will take a while to get started.

The permit still hasn't gotten updated since last year, but the location is busy being used to install a new water line from the mainland so it'll be a while yet before they can move forward with the construction.

Check out this water pipe they are installing in the exact location of the Futurecharger™️

The permit still hasn't gotten updated since last year, but the location is busy being used to install a new water line from the mainland so it'll be a while yet before they can move forward with the construction.

Check out this water pipe they are installing in the exact location of the Futurecharger™️

So if the water froze in the pipe would that mean the Futurecharger was ICEd? :cool:

I’ll just show myself out now….

Bruce.

Interestingly we appear to be just days away from the opening of an EVgo site one block closer to the mall with Lucky in it. They got in and did all the construction and looks like they even have the transformer in. Not sure when they are gonna throw the switch

Yet this almost $9000 permit of Tesla's is just sitting there w/o any progress. Wonder how many of these there are around the country that are languishing for no reason.

Well, perhaps one reason, perhaps they wanna install a full v4 Supercharger at the site. Since those still don't exist (all the ones so far with a v4 post have v3 charging equipment) that might be a reason to wait. We already have a v2, and v3, and Urban Superchargers around the island.