Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Garden Grove, CA (LIVE 8 March 2024, 32 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it's behind the shopping center, so wouldn't be obvious to those on the main road, and there's a cinder block/concrete masonry unit wall between the back street and the parking lot.
Google street view on the major streets in the area is from Jan 2024.
This link is back on Buaro St., and shows the supercharger under construction by EVI.
A little further North on Buaro St. and street view goes back to May 2022.
Inside the parking lot street view is even older.

I decided to give this location a try since I have yet to test Supercharging on my new S. I was at 30% and it stayed between 40-45 kW the entire time. I don't think I was sharing power with anyone else (no one parked next to me) but I did notice a stall nearby had a D letter so perhaps A through D all share the 250 kW. My previous Model S (2018 75D) could only reach 120 kW on a good day but it almost always charged at 40-50 kW, too.

I decided to give this location a try since I have yet to test Supercharging on my new S. I was at 30% and it stayed between 40-45 kW the entire time. I don't think I was sharing power with anyone else (no one parked next to me) but I did notice a stall nearby had a D letter so perhaps A through D all share the 250 kW. My previous Model S (2018 75D) could only reach 120 kW on a good day but it almost always charged at 40-50 kW, too.
That is not typical at all. Maybe something was wrong with that stall. I would tr another.
Also you don't share power* and can park next to someone for these.

*Technically each A to D have about 360-ish kW between them but pull power from all the other A to D 's to make up for it. Only share power when the whole site (and this one is big) is really busy and collective pulling all the kW's (well mW's in this case)

That is not typical at all. Maybe something was wrong with that stall. I would tr another.
Also you don't share power* and can park next to someone for these.

*Technically each A to D have about 360-ish kW between them but pull power from all the other A to D 's to make up for it. Only share power when the whole site (and this one is big) is really busy and collective pulling all the kW's (well mW's in this case)
Good to know. It's my first time visiting a 250 kW location let alone having a vehicle capable of handling that much power input. I'll try another one next time I'm low to see what happens. It's too bad Tesla doesn't provide a mechanism to easily report stuff like this.

Good to know. It's my first time visiting a 250 kW location let alone having a vehicle capable of handling that much power input. I'll try another one next time I'm low to see what happens. It's too bad Tesla doesn't provide a mechanism to easily report stuff like this.
I returned to this location and was able to get 252 kW briefly toward the start of the session so I guess my issue posted on March 12 was more of a fluke, thankfully.

Reactions: sunnnv