Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, CA (LIVE 14 Jun 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to a parking garage in downtown Ontario California, at the corner of Lemon Avenue and C Street. There will be 8 V3 stalls + 9 Level 2 chargers. More details in the article: Tesla teams up with Ontario to bring 17 electric vehicle chargers downtown

Ontario CA.jpg

According to the City of Ontario official Instagram, this parking structure just opened yesterday! I haven’t had a chance to drive by there. Was wondering if anyone has been able to verify if the Superchargers are active yet.

Source:
cityofontario
I saw the same post too via Twitter, so I drove by yesterday afternoon. The Superchargers are not powered on yet though, and the site doesn't show up on the charger list on the screen. The other EV chargers are still covered with black tarps. Look like they should go live any day now - I live very close by and plan to drive thru again soon and post an update when they're finally activated unless you beat me to it :)

Reactions: J3diMast3r
According to the City of Ontario official Instagram, this parking structure just opened yesterday! I haven’t had a chance to drive by there. Was wondering if anyone has been able to verify if the Superchargers are active yet.

Source:
cityofontario
Via verbal report from a friend who lives in the area and visited the site today: Parking garage is indeed open but the chargers are not active yet. They said that the TESLA lights at the top of the superchargers weren't lit, that the charging cables were still "tied" to the supercharger posts with caution tape, and the L2 stations still had garbage bags covering them up.

Took short trip from Cucamonga to downtown Ontario for some tacos at Birrieria Xolos and desert at Mestiza Cake House. It's just a a half block away from the ubiquitous Euclid avenue that runs from Upland down to Chino. The chargers are V3 with the thin cables. I only counted 7X chargers, but I'm sure the 8th charger is probably at a flat level spot at the lower level. I didn't drive around the parking lot to investigate the 8th location.

The chargers are now unmasked now as well at 10X Tesla Wall Connectors with J1772! Numerous ppl have questioned about Tesla making a J1772 charger, but with installations where Tesla also has to put in J1772, this is much better than having to install some third party chargers that don't have their name on them.

with free slow chargers in public government buildings, there is no doubt it will be hogged by inconsiderate office workers and local residents that will leave their cars plugged in for hours and hours even when not taking charge.

IMG_20220612_162004.jpg

IMG_20220612_162217.jpg

IMG_20220612_162026.jpg

IMG20220612144930.jpg

It's been about 2 years since I've walked around downtown Ontario... Kind of amazed how much the Town Center re-development is. This is way better than the Level 2 and 3 charge points just up the street at the Upland Civic center.

As many have said, this location doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of building out the 210/10/60 corridors, but more infrastructure is better than none and gives visitors to Ontario and locals better options.

IMG20220612144713.jpg

2 of 10 J1772 chargers.