Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - Universal Blvd (Universal Studios North Garage FLL 5)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Well, this is a find. While checking up on Tampa permits, its seems someone uploaded the wrong site plans to the Sun City Center permit. With that said, it looks like a new 12-stall supercharger site is coming to Universal Studios North Garage FLL 5. I believe its the first theme park site but don't quote me on that. I didn't find a permit in Orlando's permit website.

Link to the Sun City Center permit: https://aca-prod.accela.com/HCFL/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Building&TabName=Building&capID1=22CAP&capID2=00000&capID3=00K2K&agencyCode=HCFL&IsToShowInspection=

Have to go to the attachments tab

TRT ID: 19344

1678894063386.png

1677005692519.png

1677005856650.png

Also while checking out the find us map, there is a pin with a matching TRT ID.

1677008812252.png

Attachments

• C-8.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I really wonder how this will work. Right now they have Valet parking and as of a bit ago at least they would charge your car there. (Never personally done it.)

Maybe this is for valets to cycle through more cars? Even then it doesn't make a ton of sense as I'd have to think a crap load of level 2s is cheaper. (And free for the driver)

These aren't convenient to get to at all if you're not going in the park, and you're in these parks for whole days. These ramps are a good 20 minutes of walking from either park, and could be more like 45 from the backs of the parks. Even just from citywalk you're talking 10. There's basically no scenario where you're getting anywhere past Bubba Gumps where you're not turning around to move your car within minutes.

I guess it's possible that someone sitting with their car for 30 minutes, moving, then going in, is saved a stop on the way home and time overall.

Will the cars route non-patrons here though? If nothing else it's paid parking before 6. There's some utility here, but it's a pretty specific circumstance and it will be interesting to see how Tesla handles it.

I missed this when I originally posted this site, but as part of the install, they're putting 48 Tesla J1772 WCs. 24 will be at the north garage 1st floor, and 24 at the south garage 1st floor.

System Diagram (Electrical) for North Garage. The upper part of the page has the transformer on the left, and three V3 cabinets in the upper middle of the page. The bottom part of the page are the wall connectors. Everything connects up to a single transformer.
1677306829028.png

System Diagram for the South Garage. No superchargers, just WC.
1677307007049.png

North Garage layout. There's a reference to Chargepoint, but I'm not sure if that means that ChargePoint will manage these WCs.
1677307114271.png

South Garage layout. Same reference to Chargepoint.
1677307353198.png

There were pages missing, so I'm not sure if this is the extent of Tesla's effort here.

Reactions: Mdsbrain
Permit found:

https://permitlookup.cityoforlando.net/WebPermits/Permits/LoginViaSearch?PermitNumber=ENG2022-13265
https://permitlookup.cityoforlando.net/WebPermits/Permits/LoginViaSearch?PermitNumber=ELE2022-18107

Permit Number: ENG2022-13265
Project: B750 & B760 Enhancements
Address: 5855 UNIVERSAL BLVD Orlando FL
Description: *Application received on 11/30/22 via email* Site work and electrical underground - Tesla proposing electric vehicle chargers. Scope of work includes north garage - Level 5 - Install (3) tesla V3 supercharger cabinets, install (12) tesla charging posts, install (1) 1750A, 277/480V EV1 switchgear. Level 1 - Install (24) Level 2 chargers and supporting electrical equipment. South garage - Level 1: Install (24) level 2 chargers and supporting electrical equipment.

The address was what was throwing me off. Permit says 5855 while site plans say 6000.

I'll leave it as 6000 Universal for now, since that is what the site plans say.

Reactions: alternator