Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprising wiper voice commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my theory is that the wipers are controlled by the camera in the rear view mirror assembly. So, when you jump in the car after its been raining, the wipers go on max speed. After a few swipes, the window is good. But the camera above the wiped area still shows a bunch of water droplets on the windscreen, so the wipers keep moving @ max. Once you start driving, the wind and aero dynamics blow a lot of water off the area under the camera, and then the wipers finally slow down.

That's my story and i'm sticking to it until some Rain Ai comes out!

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation
My only complaint about the auto wipers is related to the speed it selects. The system loves to use high speed when it is rarely needed.
I used to manually set the speed more sanely when the auto-wipers would start flapping like they were trying to acheive flight, but in a rare rain a couple days ago, thought I'd just leave 'em on Auto and see what happened. By appearances, they flapped like a cat in a rocking-chair factory for all of about five or ten seconds, and then settled down to where I'd have manually set them, and were perfect for the rest of the drive, going down to a reasonable intermittent speed. And even did exactly the right thing when collecting a blatter from an overpass- a couple quick flicks to clear the sudden deluge and then back to intermittent. Maybe we just need to be more patient when they first start firing.

• Informative
Reactions: DMBM3
I see the three forward facing cameras, what is in the clear circle above the driver's side camera? It is outside the path of the wiper.
IMG_20201216_114550762.jpg