Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension and Wheel/Tire Setup with $6K Budget

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I’m looking for some input on what to do in order to improve my ride quality. I have a 23 MYP and to be honest I can’t stand my current suspension, wheel and tire setup so I’m looking to the forum for some help. If it comes down to it I have a $6K budget to replace components. Below is what I’ve been eying and I expect to pay. I’d like to hear your feedback on each COA.

1. Replace stock tires with something with a larger sidewall. This is probably the cheapest option, but there’s no guarantee that it will improve the quality of my drive. I’ve seen some promising post/reviews of people going with larger tires. This could run me up to $1.8K.

2. Get new 19” wheel and tire setup. Depending on the wheel and tire combo this could eat up my entire budget. One budget friendly option is to find some Gemini takeoffs. Again, I’ve read some good things about going this route. The wildcard is whether this will give me the ride I’m looking for.

3. Keep current wheel and tire set up and purchase a coil over kit from either UPP, MPP, or Redwood. I think the this would run me up to $3K depending on the kit and then up to $1K for install. The wildcard here the stock 21” and if that will work counter act the coilovers. Maybe just maybe I can get a set of wheels and tires too and still be under budget.

I feel like it is entirely doable to replace tires/wheel/suspension with your $6k budget. You just have to pick the right part and be ok with the choices you made.

You don't necessary have to buy the most expensive wheel or coilover.

Do you plan to lower the vehicle? If not, you can even go with something like stock spring + Tein EnduraPro Plus Adjustable Shocks.

EnduraPro Plus - $660

If you plan to lower the vehicle, rear camber arm is highly recommended to get your alignment back to spec.

MPP Rear Camber Arm - $395
H&R Lowering Springs - $315
If you want a coilover set, a budget friendly Tein Flex Z is also an option besides the usual MPP, UPP, or Redwood Ohlins.

Tein Flex Z coilovers - $1250

And as for wheels/tires, you can definitely check out your local craigslist, marketplace here, or FB marketplace for some Gemini Wheels.

Or even wheels from T-Sportline or Martian Wheels is a great option. But with all modifications, it is your personal preference.

Hope this helps you.