Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found my title and uploaded it today, then it took me to the insurance where I selected that I’m providing my own insurance and also had to upload a picture of the insurance card. so everything is complete, just waiting on the delivery date text, call or email which should come sometime in June or August since I have the bear minimum. AWD Long Range with 19” Gemini wheels, no FSD. So far one performance model Y owner on YouTube with the Gemini wheels and while his car is a performance ... he didn’t get the performance package, no carbon fiber rear spoiler or red dual wheel badge in the back, so those Gemini wheels cars are being delivered today.

Fred

Did you get it yet?

No, all paperwork is completed with Tesla, everything uploaded, Drivers License, Trade in, Pink Slip, proof of insurance and the 4 pictures of the trade in. When I get the call or text to schedule a delivery date, all that’s needed is the check from my bank and the date to go pick it up.

Since it’s a AWD with 19” Gemini wheels, no performance and no FSD, it will probably be a few months for delivery. They are shipping out cars with Gemini wheels already but those are all performance cars or AWD with FSD, those go out first.

I will post the time line here when it’s all said and done.

November 18th 2019
Ordered Model Y, Midnight Silver AWD 19” Gemini wheels

March 16th 2020
Changed order to Deep Blue Metallic Paint

March 24th 2020
Completed the online delivery process including Drivers License, Trade In, Finance, Insurance.

Now waiting for the next step which is Date & time to go pick it up.

Tip: make sure you have your copy of the Car Title (pink slip) available for the car you are trading in. In California it’s $22.00 for the Application plus $15.00 for a rush mail method. So total of $37.00 to get a duplicate copy of your title. Lucky for us we found ours.

Fred

Just got a call from Tesla checking to see if I am able to take delivery when my car becomes available, they wanted to see if there would be any delaysz I am guessing that with people’s hours being cut short or possibly laid off from work maybe they are seeing delays with people putting the delivery to a later time.

Looks like I am on schedule to be given a Vin# and delivery as soon as the first week of April. Just guessing since they seem to be communicating with me now.

Will keep everyone posted, it’s not Performance nor has FSD.

Also maybe there could be an Up-sale call next like they did with my SR to SR+

Fred

• Informative
Reactions: frankvb
White performance assigned? Did you speak to someone there?
Yes, assigned to a couple, took a picture and spoke to a rep that was guarding the model Y, he told me to stay away from it as they don’t allow people around it.

I kinda like it more then my model 3, looks really nice in person and it does sit much higher which is a plus.

Fred