Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - the front seems fine but the back has a noticeable chirp squeak when going over small bumps - it should settle and become less pronounced but it’s still there … what is the setting that you have and did you leave the dust boot cover on ?
I’m at 10 F and 10 rear.
Yes - the front seems fine but the back has a noticeable chirp squeak when going over small bumps - it should settle and become less pronounced but it’s still there … what is the setting that you have and did you leave the dust boot cover on ?
How long have you had them installed? And where? The other day I was driving on seriously bumpy roads and it was more than just a small creak. In fact no creak at all. Some clanking and thumping. Not SUPER loud but definitely doesn't sound right. I'm not sure if others have had the same.

I get a clicking noise from my fronts, not the back. Only at low speed over light road imperfections. I never figured out what it was and I still have it. It happened when I adjusted the shocks softer. Noise was not present at 8 clicks, but became noticeable around 12-14 clicks.

:edit: I have noticed a LOUD thump from the rears when I drive over a particular railroad track. This only happens on this one majorly large bump and I think it is the shock reaching it's full extension limit. It actually happens as the suspension extends, not when it compresses. It really only happens in this one location, so I have just slowed down for that railroad track and not noticed it anywhere else.

I get a clicking noise from my fronts, not the back. Only at low speed over light road imperfections. I never figured out what it was and I still have it. It happened when I adjusted the shocks softer. Noise was not present at 8 clicks, but became noticeable around 12-14 clicks.

:edit: I have noticed a LOUD thump from the rears when I drive over a particular railroad track. This only happens on this one majorly large bump and I think it is the shock reaching it's full extension limit. It actually happens as the suspension extends, not when it compresses. It really only happens in this one location, so I have just slowed down for that railroad track and not noticed it anywhere else.
My installer is suggesting the noises i'm experiencing is normal and is a result of the the bump stock being free to bounce up and down. We decided to leave the dust boot OFF and the OEM bump stock ON. Was this a bad idea? When I look into my rear wheel i see the bump stock and can see that its just free, with nothing stopping it from bouncing up and down and perhaps make those noises. I can even reach with my hand and play with the bump stock and see it's completely void of any thing keeping it in place. Is it normal for a bump stock to just be free and bouncy like that?

No, that's not normal, but it's probably also not hurting anything. When I installed the shocks the first time, I installed the rear dust boot upside down and the bump stop was riding pretty loose in there. I re-installed with the dust boot in the correct configuration at the top of the shock shaft and the (cut down) bump stop stuffed in the boot holding the boot in place by friction and this seems to work well. Bump stop and boot have not dropped down and both stay in place.

I would cut down your bump stop if I were you. I'm sure you're riding the bump stops just like the stock suspension does, so you're not getting the most out of the ride improvement.

No, that's not normal, but it's probably also not hurting anything. When I installed the shocks the first time, I installed the rear dust boot upside down and the bump stop was riding pretty loose in there. I re-installed with the dust boot in the correct configuration at the top of the shock shaft and the (cut down) bump stop stuffed in the boot holding the boot in place by friction and this seems to work well. Bump stop and boot have not dropped down and both stay in place.

I would cut down your bump stop if I were you. I'm sure you're riding the bump stops just like the stock suspension does, so you're not getting the most out of the ride improvement.
Thanks for answering. I also noticed the car seems elevated in the front about 2 cm or so. Almost like i'm looking slightly up now. Confirmed that feeling when i measured the gap between the tire and wheel trim in the front is about 2 cm higher than the back. Either this install went real sideways or I am being overly sensitive

Hello, I purchased three sets of Tein EnduraPro Plus from mk-fahrwerkstechnik in Europe and during fitment I have noticed that front left damper has a problem. lower spring seater is not in correct position being twisted to the opposite direction as you can see in the pictures. I have contacted Tein UK and they don't accept it as a defect but they sent right away three replacement sets whitout covering the cost of labor. I don't know how this would affect the chassis in time but I am not willing to replace them with my money being a defective product. Have you noticed the same defect?
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 21.23.38.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
That may be true, but the installer will probably only warrant the labor for 12 months. The way Tesla mounted the shocks inside the wheel well, I'm not so sure that leaving the shock bellows off is a good idea.

I plan to 3D print with ABS plastic, a modified version of the OEM shock bellow lower perch, so I modeled it using Fusion 360. I can change the inside dimensions to match the new shock's outside dimensions.

View attachment 983033
Really cool! Were you successful in printing this model out to use for your shocks?