Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Battery Modules + Packs Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just a reminder I have Model S battery packs and individual modules available!

GEN 1 Model S 60 4.5kW 384 cell module:

Tesla (60kWh) OEM Lithium Battery Module 22.8V 4.5kWh 18650 384 Panasonic Cells | eBay

GEN 1 Model S 85 5.2kW 444 cell module:

Tesla Model S/X OEM Lithium Battery Module 22.8V 5.2kWh 18650 444 Panasonic Cell | eBay

GEN 2 Model S 85/90 5.3kW 444 cell module:

Tesla Model S/X OEM Lithium Battery Module 22.8V 5.3kWh 18650 444 Panasonic Cell | eBay

Here are my eBay listings for the modules, but please contact me by phone, message or email if you would like to order.

Also have 60kW, 85kW, and occasionally 90kW packs available for sale too, message or call for more information on those.

What is the difference between Gen 1 and 2 modules from 85? I'm hoping to eventually pick up some modules, but trying to learn everything I can before pulling the trigger. I know the 60 kwh packs were just partially populated. I thought the 90 kwh packs are just higher capacity cells. Haven't heard anything really about the 100 packs, no one seems willing to sell them.

Reactions: AutobahnEV
What is the difference between Gen 1 and 2 modules from 85? I'm hoping to eventually pick up some modules, but trying to learn everything I can before pulling the trigger. I know the 60 kwh packs were just partially populated. I thought the 90 kwh packs are just higher capacity cells. Haven't heard anything really about the 100 packs, no one seems willing to sell them.
You are spot on with your current knowledge, the Gen 1 modules from a Tier 7 pack (85+90kW) have the aluminum side brackets and sit at 5.2kW capacity while the Gen 2 from the second gen Tier 7 pack (90kW) have 5.3kW capacity and plastic side brackets. The overall construction of the modules is identical with 444 18650 cells and the same 700amp discharge rate. They are also arranged in the same fashion with 16 modules comprising the entire pack. The generation difference is just your typical manufacturer revision. The modules out of a 60kW pack are 4.5kW each and have 384 cells in comparison, also these packs have 14 modules per pack.

Modules from 100kW battery packs are actually very different in comparison, they contain 516 cells. They also have a revised cooling system with two different cooling channels with two inlets and two outlets which allows for much better cooling.

Another cool tidbit about these modules is that the ludicrous 90kW packs have modules with dual fuses per cell which would be 888 fuses compared to the 444 found in normal modules. This allows for much more discharge (these are EXTREMELY hard to find)

• Informative
Reactions: linkster and EkBuZ
Question for you, how feasible is it for me to purchase a pack to upgrade capacity of my current car? 75kwh.
It would be totally doable, however, the programming on the backside would have to be done by someone with access to the software.

Logistically all you would have to do is buy a battery pack from me (with a core value from your pack) and then install it, then have it programmed to your car. Now I am not sure if Tesla would do something like this, or if you would have to find someone to root your car. But I have a friend who did a 100kW conversion on his 85kW so I know it is possible

• Informative
Reactions: linkster
It would be totally doable, however, the programming on the backside would have to be done by someone with access to the software.

Logistically all you would have to do is buy a battery pack from me (with a core value from your pack) and then install it, then have it programmed to your car. Now I am not sure if Tesla would do something like this, or if you would have to find someone to root your car. But I have a friend who did a 100kW conversion on his 85kW so I know it is possible

Great thanks for the info.

Reactions: AutobahnEV
Those prices on eBay are pretty good, or am I missing something? You have an 85khw module for what looks to be very cheap compared to say getting one from Tesla. But to use these we'd need to crack open our pack and replace the module right?

Those prices on eBay are pretty good, or am I missing something? You have an 85khw module for what looks to be very cheap compared to say getting one from Tesla. But to use these we'd need to crack open our pack and replace the module right?
You're not missing anything, that is a pretty standard market price for Tesla modules. Also, the module is one of 16 modules in an 85kW pack (5.2kW ea). People don't usually use these for replacing cells in their Model S, usually used for conversion projects or home power storage/solar applications.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Here is another pack, 2015 Model S 85 w/ 53k miles

These modules are for someone trying to save money and not pay full market price. They sat in a battery pack that had a breach somewhere so condensation formed on some of the cells. That being said, I went through each module cell by cell and checked them for corrosion or fault and all modules check out with proper voltage and all balanced in sequence. I have 16 ready to go for the EV conversion or power storage project you have been wanting to start!

Here is the link with photos and detailed info:

Tesla (85KW) OEM Lithium Battery Module 22.8V 5.2kWh 18650 444 Panasonic Cells | eBay

Just a friendly bump to remind those looking for all things lithium! I have a full range of Tesla model S + X battery packs and individual modules available. Inventory is always turning over so just inquire with your needs and I will have something suited for you! Variable pricing to fit any budget. Thanks for looking!

You are spot on with your current knowledge, the Gen 1 modules from a Tier 7 pack (85+90kW) have the aluminum side brackets and sit at 5.2kW capacity while the Gen 2 from the second gen Tier 7 pack (90kW) have 5.3kW capacity and plastic side brackets. The overall construction of the modules is identical with 444 18650 cells and the same 700amp discharge rate. They are also arranged in the same fashion with 16 modules comprising the entire pack. The generation difference is just your typical manufacturer revision. The modules out of a 60kW pack are 4.5kW each and have 384 cells in comparison, also these packs have 14 modules per pack.

Modules from 100kW battery packs are actually very different in comparison, they contain 516 cells. They also have a revised cooling system with two different cooling channels with two inlets and two outlets which allows for much better cooling.

Another cool tidbit about these modules is that the ludicrous 90kW packs have modules with dual fuses per cell which would be 888 fuses compared to the 444 found in normal modules. This allows for much more discharge (these are EXTREMELY hard to find)
What do you mean by saying "dual fuse" for Ludicrous 90 kWh pack.
As far as i konw , everycell has two fuse, each cell end has one. if you mean each cell end has two fuse, that not 888 (444*4)in total, it should be 444*4.
can you show a pic?

What do you mean by saying "dual fuse" for Ludicrous 90 kWh pack.
As far as i konw , everycell has two fuse, each cell end has one. if you mean each cell end has two fuse, that not 888 (444*4)in total, it should be 444*4.
can you show a pic?
Good math. Yes that is exactly what I said, it is 2 per cell end. Making it 888 per side and 888*2 for a single module.

I am sold out of the ludicrous modules right now, but I am sure an EV conversion website has photos to look at.