Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla body shop repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently hit a deer with my Model Y (last Thursday). I called the insurance and it's covered. I scheduled an appointment with the Tesla body shop in Denver but my appointment is scheduled for ... December 17 - so two months to wait!

I was wondering if there are better recommendations for repairing/fixing the car. Is there any good shop in the Denver area?

Also, maybe it's best to use the Service Center directly and not the Body shop. Since it's my first claim, I am looking for advice here and try not to be without a car for too long.

Thanks!

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6895.jpeg

The service center will just queue you up to the body shop. You can try. In Phoenix, many of the body shops handle Teslas.
Getting the parts may be the bottle neck. Once the appointment happens, it can easily be multiple weeks before they finish )-:

Dang! So it might take 3 months to have the car back in shape (2 months for appointment + one month for repairs).

I just hope the insurance will pay. So far, they quotes $4000 for the repairs and it seems low. Hope it will not get too high.

Dang! So it might take 3 months to have the car back in shape (2 months for appointment + one month for repairs).

I just hope the insurance will pay. So far, they quotes $4000 for the repairs and it seems low. Hope it will not get too high.
Door panel and front fender? Only 2 pieces? It might be accurate. They might get in there and then find out more pieces need replacing and then the cost goes up. The insurance people are usually pretty good about these things. Ask around at other body shops that handle Teslas.

Unfortunately, there is more. The door has an impact, the front bumper was also impacted and the hood has some damage as well. You can also see the piece that surrounds the wheel has been damaged. Insurance told me it is going to cost more, I just hope it will not be too much.

IMG_6903.jpeg