Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS adapter for sale ($175!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two choices for the older S. Chadamo or a Leron CCS adapter that fakes a chadamo connection. In both cases you are limited to 50kw but after using both for year, it’s not bad for aux charging or in my case, free

There are two choices for the older S. Chadamo or a Leron CCS adapter that fakes a chadamo connection. In both cases you are limited to 50kw but after using both for year, it’s not bad for aux charging or in my case, free
I understand but I wanted to get one of those new adapters. Hopefully they don't sell out due to high demand before Friday. Maybe the Tesla service center where I'm picking it up will have one they can sell to me in person once I take delivery. Probably not but... Wishful thinking.

Don't really think I need this but at this price it would be good to pick one up for use in an emergency.
This fits my reason for buying too. I don't have an immediate need but I've got a duffle bag of adapters (some bought, some hand made) and extensions I throw in the cars whenever we travel. I can plug into just about any receptacle in Northern America... save for CCS. Once I get one of these I'll be set!

That said, rarely do I ever need any of these and most of the times I've used them was simply for testing purposes rather than necesitty. That said, the Boy Scout in me feels better having them whenever we're traveling. Especially since many of our travels aren't along the West Coast or even highly traveled interstate systems making charging a little more premeditated in most instances.

As time marches on and more and more SuperCharger locations are being built this becomes less and less likely potential. I'd still like to have one of these just in case and prefer Tesla OEM for such devices whenever available.

Reactions: mspohr
This fits my reason for buying too. I don't have an immediate need but I've got a duffle bag of adapters (some bought, some hand made) and extensions I throw in the cars whenever we travel. I can plug into just about any receptacle in Northern America... save for CCS. Once I get one of these I'll be set!

That said, rarely do I ever need any of these and most of the times I've used them was simply for testing purposes rather than necesitty. That said, the Boy Scout in me feels better having them whenever we're traveling. Especially since many of our travels aren't along the West Coast or even highly traveled interstate systems making charging a little more premeditated in most instances.

As time marches on and more and more SuperCharger locations are being built this becomes less and less likely potential. I'd still like to have one of these just in case and prefer Tesla OEM for such devices whenever available.
"Be Prepared"

here's a little trick i found in another forum to buy this without having a car delivered.

- navigate to the purchase page (it will say no cars delivered) and add to cart grayed out.
- open the dev console (shift+ctrl+j) in chrome or edge.
- paste below code into the dev console
- it will now allow you to add one to the cart then check out.

if (window.location.pathname.includes('ccs-combo-1-adapter')) { const buttons = document.getElementsByClassName('btn-purchasable'); for (const button of buttons) { if (button.offsetParent === null) { continue; } button.disabled = false; button.click(); break; } }

msedge_DBj4BnbS8e.png

1677172616327.png

since tesla struck deal with the gov to open up charging network, sc number are projected to double next year from current ~2,000 so i would expect less use for these adapters.

that said, i did place an order just incase for emergencies as others stated but will probably end up collecting dust :)