Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla clubs/individuals that meet potential buyers to show car & discuss ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm in Cornwall UK. I'm currently organising a test drive for my nearest center in Exeter. But I don't have a car at the moment so it's taking some time to sort out. I'd also be interested in talking to Tesla owners about their experience. Are their clubs/individuals out there that do this ? Cheers.

I'm not aware of any regional clubs, or specific meets in Cornwall, but perhaps there will be some owners that read this. Otherwise maybe pop in to the SuperChargers at Cambourne or Lifton an you are likely to find someone friendly to chat to.

If you were up near Oxford ever let me know.

Searching this forum is a pretty good way to get questions answered.

Yeh, hang about a charger. I get asked about mine most times I charge. Tesla owners - and other makes to be fair - are usually only too happy to talk about their cars. Or maybe it's because other cars don't have Netflix :)

I used to be approached a lot, maybe I now try to avoid eye contact with some people who seem to creep slowly sideways towards the car hoping you don't notice, or maybe they're looking for an invitation to talk. Or maybe I'm confusing it with some other carparking activity?

If you do approach someone at a supercharger I'd suggest not asking "How fast does it charge?" or "how far does it go?" as your first question hoping its an icebreaker!

I'd probably start with something like "Hi, I'm close to buying a Model 3 but would love to ask a few specific questions if you have a minute...". The more knowledge you have before you ask, the better the reception, at least thats what I'd like. You can always get around to the range type questions but again I'd couch that more specifically - "I have to drive up to Bristol a couple of times a month, it's about 100 miles each way, a bit apprehensive doing it in winter.." type of thing. You may also find owners have very different levels of knowledge so don't necessarily be put off by anything you hear.

There are a number of good resources that can provide background reading such as this website (although its not really set up for structured reading but now the thread exists, no hard in asking a question or 2 if you can't find it on the search), I personally really like the Tesla-info website as that is very structured and knowledgable. I'm much less of a fan of some of the youtube channels, and I actually find some of those can actually misleading. I see youtube as useful for seeing how many banana boxes can be fitted into a car but when looking at specs and range, I'd forget it. Gazing at a spreadsheets is far too geeky for what you need. You also seem to get lots of buyer remorse or confirmation bias on youtube - so either ultra critical or ultra positive - and sometimes both from the same person over time about the same car .

Reactions: init6 and DM206433
Thanks
Yeh, hang about a charger. I get asked about mine most times I charge. Tesla owners - and other makes to be fair - are usually only too happy to talk about their cars. Or maybe it's because other cars don't have Netflix :)
😄
I used to be approached a lot, maybe I now try to avoid eye contact with some people who seem to creep slowly sideways towards the car hoping you don't notice, or maybe they're looking for an invitation to talk. Or maybe I'm confusing it with some other carparking activity?

If you do approach someone at a supercharger I'd suggest not asking "How fast does it charge?" or "how far does it go?" as your first question hoping its an icebreaker!

I'd probably start with something like "Hi, I'm close to buying a Model 3 but would love to ask a few specific questions if you have a minute...".
Thanks everyone. I found my nearest EV charge point ( Google Maps, Plugshare ) and lo and behold there were a couple of super friendly EV owners ! In fact they immeditely bought up the range of ~230 miles which they said they were fine with. Their Renault Zoe was not my dream Tesla that I was looking for but I actually I need to step outside my Tesla obession for a while and check the competition. So this was my first EV charge point encounter ! I'm going to be travelling further afield 😎

Attachments

• 20220729_130244_wiped.jpg
    20220729_130244_wiped.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220729_130357.jpg
    20220729_130357.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 37