Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla financing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I placed my order I was told I have to use outside financing that Tesla doesn’t finance in Louisiana. I talked to chase and chase says they do finance here but have an agreement with Tesla directly and they have to submit my info.
Ideas or anyone with experience?

Tesla doesn’t finance in Texas either. I tried with chase, but when I started the application and selected Tesla as the manufacturer, the Chase site said to go through Tesla, which didn’t jive.

I called my SA and his feedback was that Chase doesn’t like financing Tesla and to either go with Alliant Credit Union or Bank of America. Come to find out, Alliant has a 2.49 rate for 60 and some 72 month configurations (obvi depending on credit). I went through them and it was really really seamless. Would recommend checking them out.

Te
Tesla doesn’t finance in Texas either. I tried with chase, but when I started the application and selected Tesla as the manufacturer, the Chase site said to go through Tesla, which didn’t jive.

I called my SA and his feedback was that Chase doesn’t like financing Tesla and to either go with Alliant Credit Union or Bank of America. Come to find out, Alliant has a 2.49 rate for 60 and some 72 month configurations (obvi depending on credit). I went through them and it was really really seamless. Would recommend checking them out.
They don’t technically finance anywhere. Just do paperwork. That’s what I’m getting at here.

I got really good credit but I’ve heard of alliant wanting a tax return and looking at your gross after all write offs. Which would get me denied. Writing off miles, health insurance and such can cut more than half off your actual income when you actually pocketed a lot of the write offs.

chase I’ve been with for a while and they can see banking history. Multiple past loans etc.

Te

They don’t technically finance anywhere. Just do paperwork. That’s what I’m getting at here.

I got really good credit but I’ve heard of alliant wanting a tax return and looking at your gross after all write offs. Which would get me denied. Writing off miles, health insurance and such can cut more than half off your actual income when you actually pocketed a lot of the write offs.

chase I’ve been with for a while and they can see banking history. Multiple past loans etc.

Interesting. I didn’t have to provide any tax returns or anything with Alliant. Not sure about the write off piece, either. It was a standard loan application that asked for gross income and SSN.

So when I placed my order I was told I have to use outside financing that Tesla doesn’t finance in Louisiana. I talked to chase and chase says they do finance here but have an agreement with Tesla directly and they have to submit my info.
Ideas or anyone with experience?

Technically Tesla doesn't finance anywhere, they just refer you to a bank.

They don't seem to care whether you finance with one of their banks or finance it externally to them.

Best to get a loan from your Credit Union. :)

Technically Tesla doesn't finance anywhere, they just refer you to a bank.

They don't seem to care whether you finance with one of their banks or finance it externally to them.

Best to get a loan from your Credit Union. :)

Wish they would refer me over lol. Can’t get into any credit unions here. Everybody is locked up unless you can get into one from your job. My job can get me into regions (ick). The one regional credit union is 6.9% on 72month new car. So I won’t be going there.

Well I found a credit union last night locally that I would join for being a resident. Wokeup this morning to a hard pull for opening a savings account and a 37 point credit score drop. Apparently any credit union under the CO-OP umbrella is required a hard pull to become a member.

Fun update. CU came back saying I need to make 175k a year to get the approval. Big joke but I expected when they did a hard pull to open a savings account.

Applied with BOA. Instant approval. Called to do some of the next steps. Asked if I had recently moved. Been in the same house over 8 years. There third party address system has my residence as my old work address and said they can’t do anything that they have to deny the loan because the address doesn’t match up.
Won’t even take proof of residence to solve the issue.

This Sux! :(

I have since had a couple people locally say they took delivery and finance thru Tesla. So it appears they pick and choose who they want to finance in the state.
I switched to PenFed away from chase since they decided they hate Tesla and they will preapprove me soon but at this point I’m just saving a good bit more money on the side since I don’t have a note.